Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok so in the short term lets just play gray and gordon and never substitute them... we had them last season didnt work out to well (before we last our top goal scorer) if you want to go that route short term we have mina,godfrey,holgate,Keane even welch has been training with the first team.
The only thing sillier than suggesting that we throw £150k p/w at career failure Jesse Lingard is to suggest that we do it in order to have him sit on the bench.

The fella has produced absolutely nothing in nearly a decade at Man Utd. Nothing. He's had ONE stretch of decent games in his entire career which, mysteriously, coincided exactly with a point when he decided he wanted to try to convince a team (West Ham) to sign him to a bumper contract.

The utter absence of logic in the posts suggesting Lingard is "good" or "worth a shot" is staggering. There's literally a decade of lazy, disinterested failure on Lingard's CV but some in here are genuinely suggesting he'd be an upgrade on Gray or Gordon.

Gray's PL career stats to date: 167 appearances, 7870 total minutes played, 15 goals, 15 assists.
Lingard: 165 appearances, 9225 minutes, 29 goals, 17 assists. (This total includes the time he spent at West Ham, where he made 16 appearances, with 9 goals and 5 assists)

head to head last in the most recent season:

Gray: 34 games, 2351, 5 goals, 4 assists
Lingard: 16 games, 355 minutes, 2 goals 1 assist.

And Gray is 3 and a half years younger.

I look forward to hearing about Lingard signing with any club on the planet bar Everton. Absolute douchebag of a player.

The only thing sillier than suggesting that we throw £150k p/w at career failure Jesse Lingard is to suggest that we do it in order to have him sit on the bench.

The fella has produced absolutely nothing in nearly a decade at Man Utd. Nothing. He's had ONE stretch of decent games in his entire career which, mysteriously, coincided exactly with a point when he decided he wanted to try to convince a team (West Ham) to sign him to a bumper contract.

The utter absence of logic in the posts suggesting Lingard is "good" or "worth a shot" is staggering. There's literally a decade of lazy, disinterested failure on Lingard's CV but some in here are genuinely suggesting he'd be an upgrade on Gray or Gordon.

Gray's PL career stats to date: 167 appearances, 7870 total minutes played, 15 goals, 15 assists.
Lingard: 165 appearances, 9225 minutes, 29 goals, 17 assists. (This total includes the time he spent at West Ham, where he made 16 appearances, with 9 goals and 5 assists)

I look forward to hearing about Lingard signing with any club on the planet bar Everton. Absolute douchebag of a player.

Funnily enough your numbers there have an argument that he’s better than Gray. Last season his goals and assists per minute are both significantly better.

Disclaimer: I’m not saying we should sign Lingard.

I'm not saying we sign lingard at all ive been clear with that, im just pointing out flaws in a posters logic. He says lingard wouldnt fill a gap but just off last season alone he would of been our 2nd highest goal scorer if he was playing for us (also we have just sold said goalscorer) if you want to put some stats up how about put out our PL highest goal scorers from last season and say he wouldnt fill a gap. I dont want us to get him just like im not happy we got another player of the same caliber in tarkowski.
Operation burnerton underway

I'm not saying we sign lingard at all ive been clear with that, im just pointing out flaws in a posters logic. He says lingard wouldnt fill a gap but just off last season alone he would of been our 2nd highest goal scorer if he was playing for us (also we have just sold said goalscorer) if you want to put some stats up how about put out our PL highest goal scorers from last season and say he wouldnt fill a gap. I dont want us to get him just like im not happy we got another player of the same caliber in tarkowski.
Operation burnerton underway
The basic problem here is that you seem to view Tarkowski as being no better as a defender than Lingard is as whatever position he claims to be.

Tarkowski is a decent, solid professional who will graft and deliver on a weekly basis over a 38 game season. His CV demonstrates exactly that. He's not world class in terms of skill, but he IS world class in attitude. Lingard on the other hand... No. Just no.

The basic problem here is that you seem to view Tarkowski as being no better as a defender than Lingard is as whatever position he claims to be.

Tarkowski is a decent, solid professional who will graft and deliver on a weekly basis over a 38 game season. His CV demonstrates exactly that. He's not world class in terms of skill, but he IS world class in attitude. Lingard on the other hand... No. Just no.
I basing this on the opinion that neither tarkowski or lingard are what we need. Some people are happy we got tarkowski because he played good for a burnley team that got relegated, we have literally just been in a relegation scrap yet people are happy we got someone who will probs be first choice that has literally just been relegated...
Nil satis nisi optimum used to mean something and im tired of waiting for it to mean something again.

Status
Not open for further replies.