Jelavic on Moyes and Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to have a go at Roberto, that ship has long sailed. He's just one of these new type of managers who have a 'philosophy' which means the players have to adapt to him rather than him adapt to what he's got available and then build his own team around that. You can tell the difference between him and a world class manager who comes in and plays to what he believes are the teams strengths rather than his own..

Koeman/Walsh years set us back more tbh

Koeman was with us 1 full season and finished 7th after clearing up the mess of Martinez.

I seriously can’t remember anybody moaning when we were signing Keane, Pickford, the Ajax captain....or even Sandro who was playing for Spain u21s at the time.

All transfers are a gamble and they signed too many similar type of players and the results were horrific, we still finished 8th that season though after such an awful start.

We wouldn’t have gone down under Koeman IMO, we might of if Martinez had stayed in charge.

Koeman was with us 1 full season and finished 7th after clearing up the mess of Martinez.

I seriously can’t remember anybody moaning when we were signing Keane, Pickford, the Ajax captain....or even Sandro who was playing for Spain u21s at the time.

All transfers are a gamble and they signed too many similar type of players and the results were horrific, we still finished 8th that season though after such an awful start.

We wouldn’t have gone down under Koeman IMO, we might of if Martinez had stayed in charge.

What does the fans reaction at the time have to do with anything? Just because the fans approved at the time doesn't mean it hasn't hamstrung us since. No one complained when we got 5th and Lukaku signed on a permanent.The money Koeman and Walsh wasted is still having an effect on our finances.

End of the day both regimes were unsuccessful here, Koeman/Walsh was just more costly financially

I'm in a minority i think as I liked Bobby and how the team played in his first 18 months.

I always think the turning point was when Mirallas took that penalty off of Baines and then missed it. Clearly against instructions. Kev shouldve been gone after that but Martinez bottled it, from their the rot set in. Baines probably hated him for not having his back there far more than his lack of defensive drills!

I'm in a minority i think as I liked Bobby and how the team played in his first 18 months.

I always think the turning point was when Mirallas took that penalty off of Baines and then missed it. Clearly against instructions. Kev shouldve been gone after that but Martinez bottled it, from their the rot set in. Baines probably hated him for not having his back there far more than his lack of defensive drills!

The reason he got 5th was because of Moyes’s defensive drills was still there in his first season. The man get found out in 2014.

Koeman is a fraud, no style tactics anything carnt stand him .hope he falls flat on his face at barca

Oh good. One dimensional former player discusses one dimensional former managers. This epitomises why we have to make the most of things like Carlo and Rodriguez.

I'm sick of reading the opinions of former players and media types that suggest a pining for things that weren't good enough in the first place is where we should be as a club.

SpiritedDevotedGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

Wasn't that at like a Jason Derulo concert or something?? Lmao

The reason he got 5th was because of Moyes’s defensive drills was still there in his first season. The man get found out in 2014.

It wasn't. That defence was always suspect, I don't get how people forget this. One of the centre backs didn't even play a game for Moyes.

Barry and McCarthy doing a great job at helping the defence out was more of a reason. Lukaku being boss didn't hurt either.

Punted Nikica Jelavic and replaced him with Arouna Kone. Maybe we would have got 4th that season if Jelavic could have picked up when Lukaku wasn’t in form rather than us having only one striking option.

To be fair I don't think he was counting on Aruna Kone's leg falling off after a couple of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.