Jelavic at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he has done ok coming on in the Sunderland game and again today. Held the ball up better than he's been doing, had a good header cleared off the line v Sunderland and today had a very good shot blocked. I know its not much but its more than he was previously doing which is falling over or mi****ting the ball.

It could have been the fact that we were just about to start an attack when the whistle blew.

Nope. Everyone else gathered together as a team.
Jela walked off like someone with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

I'm not criticising him, just stating how it was. I feel sorry for him. When he comes on the pitch as a sub who hasn't scored since last Preston Guild, he still gets his name sung so the fans are still willing him on. There's no hate there, just pity.

Nope. Everyone else gathered together as a team.
Jela walked off like someone with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

I'm not criticising him, just stating how it was. I feel sorry for him. When he comes on the pitch as a sub who hasn't scored since last Preston Guild, he still gets his name sung so the fans are still willing him on. There's no hate there, just pity.

Yep, and that must feel even worse. At least when people get angry at you for not performing it's because they still care and still think you're still capable deep down, with that must come some form of motivation. Now it's at the point where people have no faith in him at all anymore and there's likely nothing he can do to get it back.

I was at the game and I think it was to do with him and miralles having a bit of a fallout over the penalty. Miralles wanted to take the penalty and jelavic basically supported Baines by telling him to stop being a tit and knowing Miralles he probably told Jelavic to bugger off to Plymouth Argyle.

I think he was trying to get some coverage on MOTD.. after all I realise we're a bit of a nuisance for MOTD to put us in the schedule but you'd think they could be bothered to show the right teams coming out of the tunnel on the screen behind the presenters (it was Sunderland and Villa) and you'd think that the analysis of the game might stretch to a bit more than showing the Stoke scorer's two previous Christmas efforts - scarcely any wonder they "ran out of time" (in their own words). So he was obviously trying to get noticed..

I have been relentlessly ruthless about Jela's crappiness for about 18 months now. I actually think he's a sound fella like, but just a ****e striker. All the jokes about him (ie falling over/offside/bicycle kicks etc etc) are over for me now. Wish him well with whatever new team he goes to. Over and out on Jelavic.

I have been relentlessly ruthless about Jela's crappiness for about 18 months now. I actually think he's a sound fella like, but just a ****e striker. All the jokes about him (ie falling over/offside/bicycle kicks etc etc) are over for me now. Wish him well with whatever new team he goes to. Over and out on Jelavic.

Regardless of the merits of Jelli or otherwise he's obviously fallen foul of the Goodison curse which seems to affect our strikers after a relatively productive start to their Everton careers - Big Dunc suffered from it, Beattie had it in spades, Saha next - then Cahill and now Jelli has it too - can't buy a goal in their last seasons with us.

Still hoping it will turn round for him. Taking the phrase clutching at straws to a whole new level.

I still hope QPR this weekend could be his day... one final chance.

JELA, JELAVIC JELAVIC, JELA JELAVIC
na na na na na na na

Sunderland away, boss night...

I would start him against QPR.

Agreed, think Lukaku needs a bit of a break but should be on the bench! Even if one goes in off Jelavics backside it may just be the break he needs! It would do Lukaku good to have a bit of competition me thinks!

Seems to be majorly frustrated & wants so much to do well for the fans that have continued to sing his name.

Seems a bit of an emotional character to me.

Which seems to have turned into him over trying when he gets the chance, maybe if he faces Moyes' team he should head out to the wing where Moyes played him and then at the 1st oppo slide the ginger tw@ whilst going for a dead ball, then pour his energy drink on rounds headset........ another striker ruined by that pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.