Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the first letter G is silent otherwise pronunciation of his name might be difficult for anyone who wants to hurl abuse or praise at him.
Last player to have praise hurled at him at goodison was the albino Scottish Messi and he wasn't even playing for us. Besides most of us can pronounce boooooo pretty well.

Strange one this as we where supposed to be interested in his team mate also called jean-Phillipe who is a striker.

Jean-Philippe Mateta, another fine young player Mainz bought from France. Scored 14 goals in his first season in the Bundesliga last season for them. They have a rather good scouting network in France. Each year they bring in another young French player for a reasonable fee who shines for them.

He's a defensive mid, I swear. He's been playing more CM though to accommodate Kunde who's also good. Gbamin can also pass and create a bit. Definitely has passing range and a bit of flair at times. He'll push tempo, too, he's not going to.sit on the ball. He's super right footed. He'll even let a long shot fly or two. He's also very very strong, loves a standing tackle, and will absolutely swat guys to the ground to win the ball. Really physical and wins his share of battles. Might honestly be better off losing a couple pounds of mass and gaining just a but of quickness for the PL, but he doesnt seem slow. Good in the air, should help on set pieces. I think he's a more natural defensive mid IMO. He can get better, too, especially with his positioning and awareness. From good to great. That's my take and I've seen him play a bit.

Almost like there is life after Gueye?

Hopefully they announce this guy signing around about the same time as they announce Gueye leaving.

Jean-Philippe Mateta, another fine young player Mainz bought from France. Scored 14 goals in his first season in the Bundesliga last season for them. They have a rather good scouting network in France. Each year they bring in another young French player for a reasonable fee who shines for them.
Like him a lot. Tall, fast, young, strong and can score.

Like him a lot. Tall, fast, young, strong and can score.

I want him just because his name fits follow, follow, follow ... there's nobody better than JP Mateta

Status
Not open for further replies.