Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what i have read about this fella, i think what we may lose in combativeness we gain in passing ability. By all accounts he still has the ability to win the ball back for us, hopefully he's better at keeping it than Gueye was.

Having watched a few vids, he seems to want the ball in the middle, but what he then does with it looks pretty questionable?

Not that I have any reason not to trust Brands I suppose...

Totally different players. I think it’s was always going to be a number 6 replacing him. As silva has always gone on about that position. And it will lead to us playing 433 in the future. Gana didn’t sit in front of the back four.
I didnt mention his position.

I replied to a post that we were replacing Gana with a player that is younger and cheaper plus not bad business.

Gana put fires out all over the show and allowed Gomes a totally free reign.
Just hope this lad can do the same.
As I said ...gorra trust Brands on this.

Totally different players. I think it’s was always going to be a number 6 replacing him. As silva has always gone on about that position. And it will lead to us playing 433 in the future. Gana didn’t sit in front of the back four.
Agreed. He's got a bit to learn in that 6 role still, but he's got good instincts, good passing range, wins a lot of battles - without kicking people as he's more of a standing tackler, super strong, has a bit of creativity to him, can really dribble when he wants, and will shield the backline and support Gomes. He's not Gana, but he's good and can still get better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.