2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

If he does get picked for England he will be getting pestered by the press about moving to a bigger club and the other players will tap him up.

Think he is definately gone as we need the moolah.
Normally, I wouldn't want him to go to the Euros but if he's going this summer a couple of appearances at a major tournament might get a few more clubs interested and might bump up his price, so fingers crossed he gets picked.

JB is definitely better. Stones was brilliant too, but he always had a touch of being a bit lightweight for us. Branthwaite is absolutely solid.
Stones “looked” more natural and smooth with his passing and carrying the ball from defence .

JB doesn’t “look” as smooth but he still carries it out just as good and his passing is just as accurate .

It’s just not as silky … he is head and shoulders above stones at the same age as far as defending is concerned . In the air , 1 on 1 and looks much quicker and able to recover… he also has more goals in him too .

Going to be very hard to replace him when he leaves

Resigned to the fact we aren’t going to see him in a blue shirt again after reading the 777 thread.

It’s so depressing being an Everton fan, there’s absolutely no redeeming features about it anymore.
The past and the future are the redeeming features. Villa were in the Championship less than 5 years ago now they're in the Champions League. Things can change fairly quickly.

The past and the future are the redeeming features. Villa were in the Championship less than 5 years ago now they're in the Champions League. Things can change fairly quickly.

Just need the right owners, money and football people at the club, not an easy ask. We had the money at first and squandered it, we were short of the right football people, Chairman, Ceo, coaches etc.

Won't get played, will drop out when the squad is reduced. Then as soon as he signs for a "big" club, ever present for the next 10 years.

If it wasn't for the 26 man squad, I'd be inclined to agree.

However, I feel the addition of the extras players means he'll just about squeeze in.

Surely above Dunk and Guehi, right?

Mind you, I remember Warnock pipping Baines in 2010 because there were rumours he got "home sick" on International duty, so who knows what will happen 🤣

….my doubts about him being included in Euro’s is because Southgate failed to give him any minutes when he was called up.

I backed him at 20-1 to make the squad but cashed-out with 3 times my stake. Actually hope he doesn’t go as he could do with a few weeks off.

IMG_9122.jpeg

I don’t think the ‘top 6 bias’ is actually that relevant to England squads these days tbh. Obviously the better players generally play for the top clubs, but there are loads of players in this squad not from the top 6 (including our goalkeeper)
Keane, Godfrey and DCL all had chances to impress at international level.