2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

If he does go we I want us to sell to Madrid.
Don’t want him anywhere near the scum 6 clubs like United.
2 things why is they are crap and he’s too good for them.

We need to be careful not to do a Spurs...they sold Bale and replaced with 7 players:

Lamela
Soldado
Chiriches
Paulinho
Capoue
Eriksen
Chadli

A hit rate of 1 in 7 isnt ideal lol

United paid £55mil for Wan Bissaka -- who i think would be a dream Dyche signing at RB.

It would be madness to sell for £70mil when his value should only increase as he cements himself in the England team.

I imagine what we would want and what we would get will be down to our financial situation. Also, top club comes in for him, we turn their bid down, he wants to go to that top club and goes on one because we won’t let him go. And I know you’ll probably say he doesn’t come across as that type of player but, we don’t know until he’s in that situation.

I imagine what we would want and what we would get will be down to our financial situation. Also, top club comes in for him, we turn their bid down, he wants to go to that top club and goes on one because we won’t let him go. And I know you’ll probably say he doesn’t come across as that type of player but, we don’t know until he’s in that situation.

I would even go as far as to say he may prefer to stay another season without upheaving himself so he is settled while trying to break into the England 11.

£40mil + £5mil which i think we'd get.

I think that was a fair price at the time...but seeing him in the England squad feels like 'if only'. Especially seeing our options now.

Branthwaite has a different vibe to him and while I could see Gordon in/around the squad...i could see our centre back as being the best in England soon.

A fair point. But we are the ones who set the fee. I feel that £125mil seems very high but on the other hand Caicedo & Rice went for around that and Branthwaite will become a better player imo albeit in a different position.

Additionally, we should be thinking about rebuilding the first 11 and how much that would cost.

If we sell Branthwaite we would need to replace him & bring in at least 2 similar age high potential players to start.

Thats not going to be cheap

Gordon had burned his bridges, was playing terribly, and at the time was an extremely average winger. Even in his top form he’s on the cusp of the England squad vying with the likes of Bowen Palmer etc. he’s never going to be up with Bellingham Foden Saka as the top attacking players for England. I think we got a very good price for him.

Branthwaite could walk into the England team tomorrow at LCB alongside Stones. He could walk into most teams in the world in that position easily. He therefore demands a far higher fee in my opinion . If we sell him and then find that someone bids more for a Guehi or Tomori we’ll be kicking ourselves for not demanding higher.

Stones went for 50 mill for a CB back in 2016, that was a record at the time. We should be looking for a similar level for a similar player. The record is 80 mill for Maguire. It should be up in that region no question.

You know what footy is like, he’ll have people in his ear telling him he needs to leave this basket case club of ours to further his career etc, etc.

If we keep him and he does his cruciate then we'll be goosed.

So its a balance of risk.

Does keeping Branthwaite or bringing in 3 top u21 players serve us better?

He's that good...but if we can sell at a peak level and bring in those 3 new signings it may well be we unearth another Kanchelskis, another Stones and a Parkinson.

We just cant have a scattergun approach.

Ha ha all of them would have made us a better team 😁

Nah

Gordon had burned his bridges, was playing terribly, and at the time was an extremely average winger. Even in his top form he’s on the cusp of the England squad vying with the likes of Bowen Palmer etc. he’s never going to be up with Bellingham Foden Saka as the top attacking players for England. I think we got a very good price for him.

Branthwaite could walk into the England team tomorrow at LCB alongside Stones. He could walk into most teams in the world in that position easily. He therefore demands a far higher fee in my opinion . If we sell him and then find that someone bids more for a Guehi or Tomori we’ll be kicking ourselves for not demanding higher.

Stones went for 50 mill for a CB back in 2016, that was a record at the time. We should be looking for a similar level for a similar player. The record is 80 mill for Maguire. It should be up in that region no question.

Hes also got far more to his game and is a younger player than Maguire (26) when he moved.

The 5 players you mention are levels above Gordon and these days theres always another attacking player round the corner being developed.

Centre backs with his skill set are very rare.

I think theres a fair chance he will stay a season.

Playing next to Tarks and in front of Pickford and having just broken into the England squad...he may be hasty to move.

Of course if Madrid drop a big offer then id say he should move.

Otherwise, the only two places which may be interesting imo would be City or Arsenal.

Hes also got far more to his game and is a younger player than Maguire (26) when he moved.

The 5 players you mention are levels above Gordon and these days theres always another attacking player round the corner being developed.

Centre backs with his skill set are very rare.

I think theres a fair chance he will stay a season.

Playing next to Tarks and in front of Pickford and having just broken into the England squad...he may be hasty to move.

Of course if Madrid drop a big offer then id say he should move.

Otherwise, the only two places which may be interesting imo would be City or Arsenal.

I’d be amazed if City come in for him after just buying Gvardiol and still having Dias Stones Ake Akanji all at very good age.

Arsenal would be a possibility but Gabriel and Saliba have been rock solid for them.

Chelsea are stacked with Disasi Badiashele Fofana

United would be the obvious buyer but if they’re not in the CL would Branthwaite want to make that move

Madrid could be an option whilst Carlo is there but not many players get to play for Real Madrid.

I’d be amazed if City come in for him after just buying Gvardiol and still having Dias Stones Ake Akanji all at very good age.

Arsenal would be a possibility but Gabriel and Saliba have been rock solid for them.

Chelsea are stacked with Disasi Badiashele Fofana

United would be the obvious buyer but if they’re not in the CL would Branthwaite want to make that move

Madrid could be an option whilst Carlo is there but not many players get to play for Real Madrid.

United & Madrid are the two we want bidding (ignoring Chelsea!).

They have the money & want a player then generally they offer top price.

This summer with DCL having 1 year on his deal & Godfrey, Holgate & Keane the same...plus Onana + Branthwaite seemingly available for big fees.

Could it mean a revamp of the team?

Im excited despite willing to sell anyone before Branthwaite.

£40mil + £5mil which i think we'd get.

I think that was a fair price at the time...but seeing him in the England squad feels like 'if only'. Especially seeing our options now.

Branthwaite has a different vibe to him and while I could see Gordon in/around the squad...i could see our centre back as being the best in England soon.

A fair point. But we are the ones who set the fee. I feel that £125mil seems very high but on the other hand Caicedo & Rice went for around that and Branthwaite will become a better player imo albeit in a different position.

Additionally, we should be thinking about rebuilding the first 11 and how much that would cost.

If we sell Branthwaite we would need to replace him & bring in at least 2 similar age high potential players to start.

Thats not going to be cheap
Gordon was a good deal, I very much rated the lad but the buffs in our fanbase literally chased him out down the road. They then claimed he was crap to cover their ignorance so they should be ecstatic with the money we got

Gordon was a good deal, I very much rated the lad but the buffs in our fanbase literally chased him out down the road. They then claimed he was crap to cover their ignorance so they should be ecstatic with the money we got

I'm someone who loves seeing our players in England squads.

But if he was our player i think we'd all still consider him to be around the squad -- while Branthwaite we mostly seem to feel that he should start.

That said, i think this season under Dyche he'd have put up some very good numbers.