2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

A number of us could see his potential when he broke into the first team.

The PSV loan has given him regular game time and exposure to a different and more technical way of playing. Will have helped his confidence as well winning a cup there and being in the England u21 squad who won the euros!

I too spotted him when one of the worlds great managers gave him a few Premier league games for the team I follow.

I loved Brian Labone but I saw the best centre half we have ever had and most probably one of the best whoever played anywhere T G Jones: I was a very young boy of seven, eight and nine when I saw this immaculate football playing centre back for Everton and Wales, never forgot him, absolutely brilliant in a very poor Everton team, although he was centre half when we won the league in the season before World War Two started.

There is simply no way he isn't sold this summer. Partially because of our finances, but also because it's the best chance for the Champions League clubs to get him. No way it doesn't turn into an auction for him right now. I'd want to build a team around him and keep him for the next ten years, but that's just not going to happen.
Our best case scenario is for his value to go to a stupidly inflated level. Let's hope he locks down the position for the Euros.

I'd rather keep him for one more year and sell Onana. The partnership between him and Tarks is the best thing about our team and it would be brutal to lose it.

When he leaves I hope he goes to Real Madrid so that we don't have to hear about him every week in the Premiership.
But for sure he will be gone shortly.
I think at best we get one more season out of him but far more likely he goes this summer. So it’s good news for us that he’s getting in the England squad as we can hopefully up his price a bit.