2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

No issue at all punting him, but I'd hope we at least have a loan lined up to replace him if this turns out to be true. Godfrey has never shown any sort of signs that he might become a top level centre back. Positionally poor, weak in the air, at best average in possession and prone to mistakes. His only real glimpses of promise have come as a full back and even that feels like a long time ago.

Back on topic, Branthwaite is arguably the biggest factor on the pitch in our upturn this season. The difference between having him alongside Tarkowski and having Michael Keane there is night and day. It's astonishing tbh just how quickly he's become a key player - centre back is arguably the position that it's most difficult for a young player to establish themselves at the top level yet we look rock solid with Tarkowski to his right and Mykolenko to his left.
Even the right side looked significantly better once young went off V Chelsea. Solid defense this year.

I'm not a big fan of any everton player going on international duty because of the history of players getting Injured or not getting extra rest during that period. But from a personal level he has to be in the conversation for an England call up and potentially making the euros. That being said tarky must be close too

Looking at it from my opinion.

I don't think anything will happen in January and we will keep him until the summer. I cannot see us being able to keep him after the summer so we must get top dollar for him. Until we are top end of the table we have no hope of keeping our better players when the richer Clubs come knocking.

We have to be prudent with any money that comes in as I cannot see any leeway if we make mistakes. The position we are currently in sees that we are not in a position to keep a player if a top dollar bid comes in. This is because of where we are as a Club. Shot ourselves in the foot

Not sure why our fans seem on intent on having the conversation about Jarred going in Jan... He's not going anywhere. I don't think he will go in the summer either.

Not sure why our fans seem on intent on having the conversation about Jarred going in Jan... He's not going anywhere. I don't think he will go in the summer either.
If we are on the up he could stay a couple of seasons and join a top side as first choice, if leaves soon he will have to prove him self again.

If we are on the up he could stay a couple of seasons and join a top side as first choice, if leaves soon he will have to prove him self again.
Exactly my thinking.. he isn't the finished article and no John Stones at the same age either. He's had a very good almost half of 1 season. Let's give him and us a chance to build something.

Did anyone see him at BMD last week he was like a kid in a sweet shop
I like to think that he was looking at himself playing at this beautiful new stadium
For years to come