2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Would he? Their record signing is £12-13m - Lozano. Most of their signings have been way below the £10m mark, and always have been. We're talking a few million.

In January, when we were in dire need of a striker but the finances were tight, we'd have taken £10m plus add-ons. They offered a lot less than that!

They came back in for him in the summer, but by that point our valuation had risen and the need to sell dissipated.
You don't know what we'd have accepted so why you claiming you do?

We got 45 for Gordon in January , why would we have have taken 10mil for Branthwaite, utter rubbish
One was an integral part of our team, who was wanted by a Saudi state backed club. He'd made seventy-eight games for us before they came in for him.

Brainthwaite had made eighteen appearances, with a fair few of those on the bench. At the time we considered selling him, he wasn't even a regular for PSV.

In fact, he'd started the grand total of three league games and one Europa League game. So, maybe that was where the huge gulf in valuation comes in to play?

He wasn't a regular for ourselves, nor was he for them. @Dixie1sixty, believe it or not - that's up to you.

One was an integral part of our team, who was wanted by a Saudi state backed club. He'd made seventy-eight games for us before they came in for him.

Brainthwaite had made eighteen appearances, with a fair few of those on the bench. At the time we considered selling him, he wasn't even a regular for PSV.

In fact, he'd started the grand total of three league games and one Europa League game. So, maybe that was where the huge gulf in valuation comes in to play?

He wasn't a regular for ourselves, nor was he for them. @Dixie1sixty, believe it or not - that's up to you.
Gordon also would have come off the bench a lot. We bought him for roughly 1mil at 17, because of his huge potential

And he played 27 league games in a 34 game season for PSV 🤣🤣 so not sure he’d just played 3 by January. You seem to be quite good at getting your facts wrong

Gordon also would have come off the bench a lot. We bought him for roughly 1mil at 17, because of his huge potential

And he played 27 league games in a 34 game season for PSV 🤣🤣 so not sure he’d just played 3 by January. You seem to be quite good at getting your facts wrong
Really? That's odd. Prior to January, he'd started against FC Volendam, Cambuur and Sparta in the league - I did mention starting.

He came off the bench against Excelsior, RKC Nijgmen and Ajax in that period. He then played another eighteen league games post the start of January.*

He played 3 out of 4 cup games post January too. If you really want, I can even give you the total minutes, when he came on, who for and lots of other stuff.

*Starting most.

Really? That's odd. Prior to January, he'd started against FC Volendam, Cambuur and Sparta in the league - I did mention starting.

He came off the bench against Excelsior, RKC Nijgmen and Ajax in that period. He then played another eighteen league games post the start of January.*

He played 3 out of 4 cup games post January too. If you really want, I can even give you the total minutes, when he came on, who for and lots of other stuff.

*Starting most.
27 in 34, don’t need minutes, you were trying make our he wasn’t playing much and that he wasn’t a regular

27 in 34, don’t need minutes, you were trying make our he wasn’t playing much and that he wasn’t a regular
As of January, when the first contact was made, he wasn’t - see above - as I stated. The situation changed after Jan when he became a regular.

As I stated. It’s not that hard, really. We rightly rebuked their valuation in the summer, which was still grossly low, because of how he had since performed.

Would he? Their record signing is £12-13m - Lozano. Most of their signings have been way below the £10m mark, and always have been. We're talking a few million.

In January, when we were in dire need of a striker but the finances were tight, we'd have taken £10m plus add-ons. They offered a lot less than that!

They came back in for him in the summer, but by that point our valuation had risen and the need to sell dissipated.

I'm not being horrible, you have no idea what we would have taken. But given we turned down 15m ish in the summer, I highly doubt we'd have taken that.

@blueboy72 in the first fourteen fixtures of the league (up to January break), he'd started three games. That's approximately starting one in five games.

In six of the games, he made no appearance at all - that's roughly 2 in 5. He played roughly 280 minutes over that time out of roughly 1,260 - roughly 20%.

Out of the CL qualifying games, he played 25 out of approx. 390 - 6%. So, in total he'd played then than 20% (18%) of their games up until the winter break.

I'm not being horrible, you have no idea what we would have taken. But given we turned down 15m ish in the summer, I highly doubt we'd have taken that.
Again, believe what you want. But, I'll stand by the figure.

@blueboy72 in the first fourteen fixtures of the league (up to January break), he'd started three games. That's approximately starting one in five games.

In six of the games, he made no appearance at all - that's roughly 2 in 5. He played roughly 280 minutes over that time out of roughly 1,260 - roughly 20%.

Out of the CL qualifying games, he played 25 out of approx. 390 - 6%. So, in total he'd played then than 20% (18%) of their games up until the winter break.

Again, believe what you want. But, I'll stand by the figure.

I mean you are entitled to your opinion. But I'd have been very surprised.