2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

How am I a Dyche fanboy? Also I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m one of the most vocal Keane haters on this forum. What are you on about?
God forbid we look for a bit of stability under Dyche, who yes I think at the level we’re at is a good manager. I don’t think that’s a controversial opinion.

I’ve been critical of any manager or player who’s deserved it and with Dyche I’ve said I understand why he plays Keane but detest the reasoning. Other than that (which is a big issue) I don’t see how much blame could be put at Dyche’s feet for how we’ve started the season. He can’t come on against Fulham himself and score the 4 tap ins we had, he can’t come onto the pitch against Villa and easily stop 2 or 3 of the goals that Keane should’ve.

If he continues to play Keane fair enough give him grief but he’s a manager that is generally doing the best with what he has and I back him.
I agree with you I don’t have a problem with him starting Keane in the games we’ve had but now it’s clear he must be dropped and I will be very annoyed if he isn’t. I am not sure how good or how ready branthwaite is I think we’ve needed a new centre back but it doesn’t look as though that will happen so we’ll have to find out.

….Dyche has said he’s a bit behind the others in respect of pre-season training. I’m sure he’ll be selected to start very soon, perhaps even this weekend.
Would really like a to change this record. 70 minutes of not terrible is still better than 90 minutes of terrible. So even if he can’t physically go 90 (I’m confident he can…), just play him for what he can handle and then make the change.

Last edited:
Would really like a to change this record. 70 minutes if not terrible is still better than 90 minutes of terrible. So even if he can’t physically go 90 (I’m confident he can…), just play him for what he can handle and then make the change.
Yea like other clubs do
Dyche not get the memo about 5 subs yet?
Also our 'fit fit' first 11 looked unfit to me last sat

If I remember right his legs went completely and it was very noticeable. He’d always get dribbled past and started making silly mistakes.

In retrospect that version or Distin though would definitely get in our current side, the difference was back then we were actually decent and getting into Europe and he just wasn’t up to that sort of level anymore.
I honestly can't remember when we were best of the rest. We have sunk like a stone since the takeover, Moshiri said we would never be the same again... He was bloody right.

Would really like a to change this record. 70 minutes of not terrible is still better than 90 minutes of terrible. So even if he can’t physically go 90 (I’m confident he can…), just play him for what he can handle and then make the change.
Could quite easily have brought him on at half time when the damage was already done. You know, at the time Dyche said he could have swapped the whole team but then decided to only swap 1.