2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Channelling my inner Walter Smith here but when all our wingers aren’t injured, we need to play him left back a la Lescott, with Godfrey at right back and just hope that this stops the goal leaking rot. None of our full backs are good enough.

Come now. He looked promising and showed his potential, but wasn't the best player. Certainly wasn't the worst though
He had a good game think it’s the fact he started and played well people get a bit too excited. I thought doucoure was man of the match today was all over the pitch being a nuisance and nipping balls away from people and unlucky not to have a goal.

Channelling my inner Walter Smith here but when all our wingers aren’t injured, we need to play him left back a la Lescott, with Godfrey at right back and just hope that this stops the goal leaking rot. None of our full backs are good enough.

The goal leaking rot was mainly just villa. And michael keane. Just taking keane out instantly helps.
Godfrey cant defend. Not sure how long we stick with him before realising this. Even dyche has fancied keane and branthwaite before him.
very true about the fullbacks. We're as weak there as we've been in quite a while.

…ha, ha, I’m sure we will.

It’s a dreadful start but I’m a big believer in assessing the situation after 10 games. That’s always a decent benchmark of where a team finishes.
Me too, there's some positive stuff to be taken from yesterday and Fulham, if we could just hit the back of the net, and if we keep playing Branthwaite I think we will fix some issues at the back.