2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Thought he was a bit unlucky with the Len as there was absolutely minimal contact but thems the rules these days.
What suprised me was his confidence to go to ground again when their fella got the yellow.
Could so easily have been another pen.
Actually not sure if it’s confidence for lunacy!

For 21 i cant think of many other centre halves who look a few years ahead of their age as it is a position that you tend to grow into in mid 20s. Tony Adams and Rio Ferdinand possibly.
(Im sure ive missed loads)

At this rate, it is likely that we will get offers for him in January. I am wondering if there is a price that we would be prepared to accept. At his age you would think that anything below 100 millions will be rejected....hopefully...but if a newcastle or any of the other big boys came in with a big offer, we would I am sure make a significant profit on him.

When he makes a mistake such as over the weekend, my reaction is surprise rather than something that was expected and only a matter of time. Such is the difference between Branth and the parade of mediocrity at that position that preceded him. What a top prospect he is.

He’s made less mistakes in his entire life than Keane made in his last sub appearance. Bound to happen, and needs to just take note of what he did, then forget it and keep going. If he made zero mistakes he would be worth £975million. He’s a relative child in a position that’s all about experience and know-how, and yet he has been fantastic.

Massive credit to Tarkowski. Looks a quiet captain, but can’t imagine Branthwaite looking so assured next to Godfrey/Keane. Both have been fundamental to our recent form.

Hope he has a word with Dyche about Patterson - same goes for that lad.

I’ll enjoy seeing Branthwaite in the royal blue while I can, because some one is going to throw huge money at us for the kid - massive future in the game.

Even better if he stays here for years and win stuff, with the team built around him, onana, garner, Patterson, Myko, Dcl, Beto.

I like to imagine we'll see more of Patterson the clearer we get from relegation places, we haven't been able to really develop the younger players in the team because every game we needed the most experienced lads. We used to be able to blood these type of players in back in the day.

I like to imagine we'll see more of Patterson the clearer we get from relegation places, we haven't been able to really develop the younger players in the team because every game we needed the most experienced lads. We used to be able to blood these type of players in back in the day.

….Dyche will pick his strongest team & I fear Patterson will be 3rd in the RB pecking order when Coleman returns.

There’s a gulf between Branthwaite and Patterson. Branthwaite had the quality to grasp his opportunity when it arose.