2020/21 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be torn ligaments if Ancelotti has confirmed that he just needs rest, surely:Blink:
Depends if they're completely torn through or there's just a tear in the ligament but it's still intact in which case resting it should be enough. Ligaments are always a bad thing to tear though as healing is slow due to them not having a strong blood supply, and the scar tissue when they heal means that they can be susceptible to further tears, unlike bone which is actually stronger after healing

Depends if they're completely torn through or there's just a tear in the ligament but it's still intact in which case resting it should be enough. Ligaments are always a bad thing to tear though as healing is slow due to them not having a strong blood supply, and the scar tissue when they heal means that they can be susceptible to further tears, unlike bone which is actually stronger after healing
Gonna pretend I didn’t read that last part and continue being happy that it’s only a few weeks ;)

Coulda been much worse/longer out - still gutted for the lad, as I think he would have saved us having to go into the market with the quality he's shown already - hopefully he's back in and around sooner than the 4 weeks.

I'd try Nkounkou at cb, before we go shopping, that lad looks another gem!

Its Everton of course its bad.
It's true. Everton are the only club in history who will have a player side-lined for having trapped wind.
Carlo said 3 - 5 weeks rest & no surgery required
Jeez, who was the last player we were told would not require surgery? We've not seen him since, and that was over 12 months ago.

Gonna pretend I didn’t read that last part and continue being happy that it’s only a few weeks ;)
Just means you can't rush players back from ligament damage or you risk doing further damage and making the problem worse. He needs to be allowed recover fully before putting him back in again, hence the month of rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.