Jarrad Branthwaite’s Leaving Thread [Exact Date TBC]

I actually think he'll stay, because there's only so many teams that can afford him, but they don't really need him at the moment. The RS will probably want another season out of cripple Van Dijk, then bring Quansah through to replace him. City have Gvardiol and Ake and so seem covered for now. Arsenal have Gabriel and Kiwior behind him, Villa have Torres, Spurs have VandeVen, ManUtd have Martinez, Geordie Arabia have Botman.

Yeah he's better than some of those listed, but for the fee we should want versus the level of improvement he'd bring over what they have already, there's nobody that obviously needs him from that list. Man Utd are probably most in need, and have Ratcliffe's cash injection to spend, but I'm thinking they've so many positions to fill they won't spend big on any player who's not a massive star already. So unless we're ultra desperate for cash, and sell below true worth, I don't see it happening.

Villa really aren’t in the same bracket as the clubs you are talking about. They’re in the same bracket as us, but they’ve had a decent 18 months. Newcastle are on their way to a 10th placed finish this season.

United, Newcastle and Chelsea are in need of someone like him and have the means to pay, but I do agree that we should just keep him if nobody coughs up the required cash. I do also see a ‘cozy’ little deal with Manchester United, with Maguire coming our way as the ‘ready made’ replacement.

We will be selling Onana for Richarlison type of cash anyway, so I don’t believe that we need to sell Branthwaite this summer.