Jarrad Branthwaite’s Leaving Thread [Exact Date TBC]

He has to go….

Someone has to, to pay for the first instalment payments for Beto and Chermiti. *sobs*

The sales of Godfrey and Maupay should manage that.

As much as it wrecks my head that he will have to be sold, he should bring in a figure that is not far off the prize money for winning the Champions League, and it could be an opportunity for us to use that money to really strengthen the squad.

What we don’t want to do, is spunk the money up the wall like we did with the Lukaku sale by buying five crap left backs or something ridiculous!

We also need to get the right balance between the here and now and the future. Nobody wants to waste money on players that are given three years of excuses based on never materialising potential like that of Lookman, Vlasic, and Besic etc.

The sales of Godfrey and Maupay should manage that.

As much as it wrecks my head that he will have to be sold, he should bring in a figure that is not far off the prize money for winning the Champions League, and it could be an opportunity for us to use that money to really strengthen the squad.

What we don’t want to do, is spunk the money up the wall like we did with the Lukaku sale by buying five crap left backs or something ridiculous!

We also need to get the right balance between the here and now and the future. Nobody wants to waste money on players that are given three years of excuses based on never materialising potential like that of Lookman, Vlasic, and Besic etc.
The prize money for winning the CL is 23million, I think we should ask for more, personally.

We probably will have to sell him. But we should at least go all out to keep him.

He should be given a big new contract with a plan to make him next captain and have lots of incentives to raise his weekly wage each year. He should be central to the rebuild and be our main man and the face of Everton for years to come.

Sell him the vision and make him want to stay.

If it was me id be all in on selling Pickford as our next sacrificial lamb if we need 1.

The prize money for winning the CL is 23million, I think we should ask for more, personally.

City won around 110 million from winning the CL according to the Telegraph and other outlets.

23 million is just the figure for winning the final, it’s not the accumulation of prize money for winning the competition. I think you get more than 23 million just for reaching the group stage.

So selling him for 100 million would be like qualifying for the Champions League around four or five times in a row, or from winning the Champions League once.

Last edited:

City won around 110 million from winning the CL according to the Telegraph and other outlets.

23 million is just the figure for winning the final, it’s not the accumulation of prize money for winning the competition. I think you get more than 23 million just for reaching the group stage.

So selling him for 100 million would be like qualifying for the Champions League around four or five times in a row, or from winning the Champions League once.
Doubt we are getting a world record fee for a lad with no England caps.

I actually think he'll stay, because there's only so many teams that can afford him, but they don't really need him at the moment. The RS will probably want another season out of cripple Van Dijk, then bring Quansah through to replace him. City have Gvardiol and Ake and so seem covered for now. Arsenal have Gabriel and Kiwior behind him, Villa have Torres, Spurs have VandeVen, ManUtd have Martinez, Geordie Arabia have Botman.

Yeah he's better than some of those listed, but for the fee we should want versus the level of improvement he'd bring over what they have already, there's nobody that obviously needs him from that list. Man Utd are probably most in need, and have Ratcliffe's cash injection to spend, but I'm thinking they've so many positions to fill they won't spend big on any player who's not a massive star already. So unless we're ultra desperate for cash, and sell below true worth, I don't see it happening.

I actually think he'll stay, because there's only so many teams that can afford him, but they don't really need him at the moment. The RS will probably want another season out of cripple Van Dijk, then bring Quansah through to replace him. City have Gvardiol and Ake and so seem covered for now. Arsenal have Gabriel and Kiwior behind him, Villa have Torres, Spurs have VandeVen, ManUtd have Martinez, Geordie Arabia have Botman.

Yeah he's better than some of those listed, but for the fee we should want versus the level of improvement he'd bring over what they have already, there's nobody that obviously needs him from that list. Man Utd are probably most in need, and have Ratcliffe's cash injection to spend, but I'm thinking they've so many positions to fill they won't spend big on any player who's not a massive star already. So unless we're ultra desperate for cash, and sell below true worth, I don't see it happening.
We are ultra desperate for cash

It's fine, we have a ready made replacement in young Mason Holgate gaining valuable minutes on loan. Jarrads not all that anyway, did ya see him get rag dolled by Scandi Carrol? His profit will be turned into steel columns and beautiful blue seats to be enjoyed for generations.

We probably will have to sell him. But we should at least go all out to keep him.

He should be given a big new contract with a plan to make him next captain and have lots of incentives to raise his weekly wage each year. He should be central to the rebuild and be our main man and the face of Everton for years to come.

If it was me id be all in on selling Pickford as our next sacrificial lamb if we need 1.
What vision are we selling him? We're crap and we're skint.

Without doubt Pickford should go before Jarrad