January transfer window 2024

….i think it’s a huge risk sending Holgate to a relegation rival. I agree he’s a liability but imagine subsiding the wages of a player who scores a goal on the last day of the season to send us down.

We make some stupid decisions, we can’t blame the old regime if this happens.
But he was utter bobbins at Southampton, they leaked goals left, right and centre when he played.

It could actually do us a favour.. agent Holgate at work!!!

The Championship as a league has tonnes of players going to the PL for big fee's and not really achieving much

Sessegnon £27m
Nathan Collins £24m
Nathan Tella £24m
Benrahma £23m
Adam Webster £22m
Oli McBurnie £19m
Keane Lewis Potter £19m
Dan James £20m
Adam Armstrong £17m
Britt Asmbolonga £17m
Alfie Mawson £17m

There are obviously gems in there, but they cost top dollor e.g Alex Scott who Bournemouth bought! Or if Jack Clarke was to leave Sunderland!
There will be players that will just be Championship players though, who will command similar fees....someone like Morgan Whittaker, who would command a similar fee to Clarke, looks great at that level, but is pretty much a 1 trick guy.........that gets found out in the Prem
Yes thats it you can get good players from the championship but people saying that should be where we actively recruit from are talking nonsense theres not much value there these days.

Quick Google search there mate to get a bit of info on him?
No it’s called watching sports news, listening to talkSPORT or on twitter. Plenty of information out there. Anyway doesn’t mean it’s true. But this kid ain’t going to a palace, hes going higher than that

You say that like both issues aren't entirely intentional.

Oh I full well believe that’s what’s happened. I they’d have slapped us with the 10 points we could have just gone out and bought players to keep us up. Is not knowing one way or another has completely scuppered any planning whatsoever. Which is of course exactly what the premeir league want who in my opinion have been hoping to relegate us for quite some time now.

No it’s called watching sports news, listening to talkSPORT or on twitter. Plenty of information out there. Anyway doesn’t mean it’s true. But this kid ain’t going to a palace, hes going higher than that
He's had half a really good season in the Championship, and from what i see mainly through well timed runs and a system being pretty much built around him.
That's not going to happen at a higher level, i'd say from what i've seen...mid to lower Prem teams is probably his next move

….i think it’s a huge risk sending Holgate to a relegation rival. I agree he’s a liability but imagine subsiding the wages of a player who scores a goal on the last day of the season to send us down.

We make some stupid decisions, we can’t blame the old regime if this happens.
If we can get a loan fee or if it helps us get in a loan then i will be happy