January transfer window 2024

Frendrup Could be a good move similar to gana, really have to look for a doucoure replacement we have no cover when he is out
Not an easy find as most players who play in that position have a far better skillset than Doucoure does. In the Dyche setup he wants that player to run about and push the defenders back. Most players who play in that area are going to want to put their foot on the ball and knock it about a bit. Doucoure essentially plays there because he doesn't have enough about him to play in a proper midfield role.

How many loan spots do we have left? We have Harrison and Danjuma on loan already. We could probably use a CB and a midfielder or winger in the January window for depth.

How many loan spots do we have left? We have Harrison and Danjuma on loan already. We could probably use a CB and a midfielder or winger in the January window for depth.
As always, Outs will determine Ins.

Numbers wise the squad is fine.

But clearly it could do with some changes.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Ashley Young (HG)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (4)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Amadou Onana (UA)
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré
André Gomes
Dele Alli (HG)

Wide Forwards (4)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)
Arnaut Danjuma
Lewis Dobbin (UA)

Strikers (3)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto

Not an easy find as most players who play in that position have a far better skillset than Doucoure does. In the Dyche setup he wants that player to run about and push the defenders back. Most players who play in that area are going to want to put their foot on the ball and knock it about a bit. Doucoure essentially plays there because he doesn't have enough about him to play in a proper midfield role.
Yeah depends what the club is looking for a creative player or as you say about doucoure

Who do you see going out WM ? The squad is pretty thin as it is.

Ideally I'd like to see Gomes , Godfrey and Alli going out.

We need a central midfielder , centre half and right side midfielder.

I'm pretty sure that the only possibility is to loan players ( unless there is a major sale , which obviously I hope we can avoid).
I doubt we'll get too many takers for Alli or Gomes, they're on too much money and have played too little football. Godfrey I could see going but I worry about losing someone more valuable to the first team, Branthwaite for example, if our financial situation is as dire as has been insinuated. Hopefully not, but this is Everton football club, I could see it happening.

That still wouldn't be enough imo, Branthwaite is 21 and is the full package, a left footed CB who has pace, passing, can tackle, can head, and can bring the ball out from the back comfortably. He is worth £70-80m minimum, probably more if you got a few clubs in the mix.

I know , but we know what levy is like. I would never deal with him if I could avoid it

As always, Outs will determine Ins.

Numbers wise the squad is fine.

But clearly it could do with some changes.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Ashley Young (HG)
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs (4)
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Amadou Onana (UA)
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré
André Gomes
Dele Alli (HG)

Wide Forwards (4)
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Jack Harrison (HG)
Arnaut Danjuma
Lewis Dobbin (UA)

Strikers (3)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto

It’ll be interesting to see how the loan market is used this January. Am I right in thinking it’s a maximum of four…with two of those being domestic? If so, we’ve currently got two spaces left to add extra cover to attacking midfield and out wide.

I would not be surprised if Danjuma’s deal was cut short. Dyche has twice avoided answering direct questions on this issue in recent press conferences, and Villarreal have injury issues out wide.

Beyond that I have no idea. It’ll depend on any cash sales. If Godfrey goes I can only see Holgate being recalled to cover.

DCL is the main one to keep an eye on, I think. That would be an administration emergency combined with his new agents. I love the player but a cold hard business decision will need to be made soon -
cash in with only 18mths left on his contract, or reward him with a five-year deal (that his new agents will be looking for) & hope his injury problems are behind him and his conversion rate improves.

Finally, if Onana is sold in Jan then I wouldnt be surprised to see Josh Brownhill brought in. They’re different players but I think it’s a banker that Brownhill arrives in the summer when he will be on a free.we

Any MLS watchers on here? Just seen this list & wondered if there’s anyone of interest. Considering Thelwell’s NYRB experience I wouldn’t be surprised if he looks at that league. Almiron & Duran have proved to be decent additions in recent years.

MLS January transfer targets

Almada would be the obvious standout for the Doucoure role. Not sure he has the physicality but I think we need more creativity to improve our home form. Mile Robinson on a free as CB cover as well?

Last edited: