January transfer window 2024

I'd still go for Gnoto and extra cover at back
Don't think we need to be splashing 25m on players in Jan tbh. Very unlikely to be selling anybody, just looking to secure safety this season. The money ain't there anyway. Just get us to BMD as a Premier League team, hopefully with new owners, and look to progress from there.

I think we have a real chance of a domestic cup final this season, that could push us on new season if we could somehow bring some silverware back to Goodison for the first time in 30 years - what a way to sign off at the place.

Once again Kev will have shown to be THE master seller of deadwood if he managed anything close to that. I dont believe it. Then again I said that about Iwobi..
Imagine Thelwell actually manages to get near £100m for Gordon, Gray, Iwobi and Godfrey. Some of the finest business you'd ever seen in football sales. In fairness Godfrey looked really good at one point but I think Covid ruined him, the rest are just rubbish footballers.

Imagine Thelwell actually manages to get near £100m for Gordon, Gray, Iwobi and Godfrey. Some of the finest business you'd ever seen in football sales. In fairness Godfrey looked really good at one point but I think Covid ruined him, the rest are just rubbish footballers.
He was ruined by being forced to play every position other than cb

I can only really see a one in/out situation. Godfrey potentially going to a club with a lot defensive injuries and maybe a Phillips on loan for midfield.

I think Newcastle might beat us to that one with thier injury issues.

Can see us getting atleast one at cm then maybe another cb if godfrey goes. Also mot sure if the club will still be after another wode player like they did in the summer

If we could fleece Spurs for £20 million for Godfrey and find someone to take Gomes of our hands that will free up around £175k a week in wages and might free up some funds to bring in a couple of additions.
I'd expect Godfrey acts as makeweight for Dele or vice versa

I can only really see a one in/out situation. Godfrey potentially going to a club with a lot defensive injuries and maybe a Phillips on loan for midfield.

I think Newcastle might beat us to that one with thier injury issues.
And their status, funds, possible Europa League adventures etc but the injury situation will tip the balance !