January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird from the BBC on their live updates feed. They seem to be exasperated that people searched for Everton-related content on Google:

9:56

I'm really struggling to get my head around how "who did Everton sign in the transfer window" is fifth on that list.

Firstly, do you really need to go to Google to find out who your club has signed?

Secondly, Everton?

Share this post on
Transfer window questions
8d477849-4ed9-4821-8d52-8c19e59c5299.jpg

Google

Posted at 9:54
With the help of those from Google, we have found out the burning questions of football fans in the past week.

Top UK questions on the transfer window in the last seven days:

1. When does the January transfer window close?

2. When is transfer deadline day 2017?

3. When does the January transfer window open?

4. When does the Scottish transfer window shut?

5. Who did Everton sign in the transfer window?

6. When does the summer transfer window open?

7. Who have Arsenal signed in the January transfer window?

8. What is a transfer window?

9. When did the Scottish transfer window open?

10. How many players are in the summer transfer window?

As if proof was every needed that that service is run by RS

I'm sure we're trying to bring in a player or two that we'd like, but it's probably pretty difficult and mightn't happen today.

Any money we blow on average players today can't be used in the summer and top 4 is absolutely out of the question this season, so I don't think we're in a rush and probably shouldn't be.

Shifting loads of tosh is the big positive from this window alongside Schneiderlin and Lookman. Lennon, Valencia, Kone and Jagielka will probably follow them out the door in the summer and then we should see a big spend with our standing in the league and European football improved with a 7th place or higher finish and probably EL football secured.

hmmm if we are prepared to move Kone on, that means there HAS to be a new striker coming in. even if Calvy is coming back from injury.

hmmm if we are prepared to move Kone on, that means there HAS to be a new striker coming in. even if Calvy is coming back from injury.

To be honest, i'd rather have Nobody come on as Sub than Kone, does more harm than good most of the time. Plus he's probably 4th in line for a game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.