January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why because he plays for Burnley?? Maybe he should go somewhere for £20m then we can buy him for £40m, will that be better
Exactly. People said the same about VVD saying "he's only playing in a pub league he won't cut it down here". His value has trebled since.

Keane seems to be highly rated. Haven't watched him much myself but I wouldn't write off a player based solely on the club he plays for.

i think we should set our sights higher...

Koulibaly / VVD /Gimenez all are class players and belong in premier and champions league winning sides.

Keane doesnt strike me as being of the same calibre.

The whole point of having Steve Walsh and a scouting team is to bring great players to the club for less than extortionate fees.

People doubted Gueye in the summer ("£7m from a relegated team, we should be setting our sights higher!") and were proved wrong.

I'm not saying all our signings have to be like that - some showpiece big money signings are necessary to improve the team and as a show of intent - but bargains are needed too.

Sometimes you have to give people a chance and not kneejerk pre-judge them.

I wouldn't like us to commit to transfers until a clear lie of the land has been taken vis-a-vis the existing roster i.e how's Aiden going on loan, is Gibbo ready for a comeback, how's Arouna and Oumar's game.
Seems silly to jeopordise our 7th placing by bringing in new faces unfamiliar with the Everton contract-for-life, 'family' culture.
If we bring in football mercenaries unwilling to concentrate on events more important than playing (eg Blue Chrimbo), I think we are being too short-sighted.
I love seeing our lads dressed as blue Santa more than I love seeing them get results on the pitch.

In summary :we should not jeopardise the 'Everton way' by bringing in new players who are not family oriented, and committed to staying at Everton for life.

Last edited:
Comes from Richardson who is a very reliable source which is interesting.... called Koeman before anyone else...
So there isn't a 25m clause in his contract. As much as I think VVD would be a great addition for us, even though it is only what we received for stones, 50m is way too much for us to be spending on a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.