January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what good the likes of Sigurdson will do when the ball is going to be launched over his head to Lukaku who is hopeless at holding up the ball or heading it on to another player?

People can ridicule what they call 'agricultural' football, but it's a really effective at negating all this pressing malarkey. And unless we somehow become capable of beating the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool at their own game (highly unlikely) then it's the best option to use when trying to compete with these clubs that are far, far more minted than either Moshiri or Everton.

It should be referred to as disruptive football, not agricultural football, because it does a really good job at disrupting the other team. If you put a good, tall and strong second striker in the team (someone who is capable of holding the ball up or heading it on to strikers) then the opposition is forced to put a player on him. That player will either be a centre half or a central midfielder. If it's a central midfielder then their pressing is significantly negated. If it's a centre half then you are making their back line disjointed, and Lukaku only has one instead of two centre halfs to deal with, he also has someone who is flicking the ball on to him for goal scoring opportunities.

I think someone like Fellaini would be much more effective for us than somebody like Sigurdson.

I don't want to agree, but if that's the brand of footy we're going to play, and it rather looks like it is, then what you say makes sense. I'd prefer someone like Fellaini rather than Fellaini though.

Linked with a german winger in the japanese league in the guardian today. havent heard of him myself. Hans Gruber at FC Nakatomi

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.