January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there are dozens, it seems like you should be able to name three rather easily.

I think you're referring to Gabriel Jesus, and you already named Griezmann, so only one to go.

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, the top 4 will always have more money than us and be able to attract a better class of player.
They buy Jesus and Griezmann, we rent some Donkor from Germany.

It's an Everton thing.

Buying players that improve the squad and team on the pitch, improving our commercial deals. Qualifying for Europe. We don't need to spend 100's of millions to win the league, we just need to buy the right players.
Hope you a right. I don't see it. Happy to be wrong.

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, the top 4 will always have more money than us and be able to attract a better class of player.
They buy Jesus and Griezmann, we rent some Donkor from Germany.

It's an Everton thing.

Spurs are the perfect example of how the gap can be closed.

It's far from impossible. For every Griezmann teams buy, they'll also have a Robinho. Unlimited funds is where mistakes are made.

We need to buy smart and Donkor is exactly the type of player we should be going for.

He's a Germany u20 international I believe, looks a powerful player and for £1.5m we've got nothing to lose (that's if we even go for him after the loan!).

My initial point remains. How do we match these teams to compete for titles mate?

city didn't do it from the off. They started of throwing money at players like samaras and biancchi, started climbing up the table quickly, becoming more high profile and then attracted sheik mansour. Their rise has hardly taken that long, but it's not something that's achieveable from the off.

We tried to do that with players like koulibaly, witsel, mata etc and boy would we have been right up there, but those players didn't want to join mainly because of our stature but i liked our ambition. We'll possibly try the same approach in the summer with us being more attractive. Obviosu restrictions will mean it'll be harder to do a city, but i don't think it'll require a mass amount of years of patience.

Spurs are the perfect example of how the gap can be closed.

It's far from impossible. For every Griezmann teams buy, they'll also have a Robinho. Unlimited funds is where mistakes are made.

We need to buy smart and Donkor is exactly the type of player we should be going for.

He's a Germany u20 international I believe, looks a powerful player and for £1.5m we've got nothing to lose (that's if we even go for him after the loan!).
Fair enough, we just have to sell our two best players to Real Madrid for £110M (back when that was a lot of money) then cycle through successive managers and at least two teams worth of players blowing that and more until we get lucky with a top 4 place because ManUtd imploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.