January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
you really are cluless about German football, but that's ok, plenty are not :)

Keita looked very good last week vs Burnley. I think I may give him more than 4 months to prove himself. He is a class player.

You know there is a lot of players who do well over in the PL from German league right? I know you do really, you are maybe trying to be controversial :p

The one thing I will say that some struggle with, is the Bundesliga is a very technicall league, not many long ball teams or 'kick and rush' teams, in fact, none, and not many teams who will park a bus in defence. And it's not as physical - so players can struggle with that.

Bruh I admitted I was trolling.

But I dont consider the German league as strong as most, of course the top teams are rammed full of superb players, but, like the Premier League, it gets weaker the lower you get.

but he did look terrible in the prem before. same really as tadic. Tadic didn't look terrible obviously, but nowhere near as good as he's looked before and after he played over here .... then again, it was southampton.
Trust he wasnt given enough time there didn’t play enough games and players get nurtured elsewhere was still early in his career there he’s come on leaps n bounds since then n seems the perfect player get him now before he gets 100 odd million price tag on his head is wat i say

Not really, the German league is on par with the Dutch league sadly.

Most players who come from there flop in this country.

Keita, bosses the German league, flops here.
Lookman, bosses the German league, flops here.

Its basically the SPL.
I think he’s good personally have a little look at him think he’d blend in our squad nice an he was young then didn’t play a lot n been class since 5 goals in 6 champions league games in a hard group is quality for winger for hoffebhiem

Buy to sell/sell to buy... it matters not really.

Both are valid tbh.

A) our squad was overly bloated and was blocking the progression path of our young players.
Having a leaner squad and allowing youth players a chance is a smart model.

B) Likewise, spending like we have and having a huge squad all on mega wages is not sustainable long term, billionaire owner or not (unless you are Man City)

I doesn’t mean all our funding will come from outgoings, but I think a switch to buying players with a potential sell on value will be part of our model. It is, after all, the model Brands has built his reputation on.

Status
Not open for further replies.