January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...day 22 of the January Transfer window and here’s the rumour round up for this Monday morning;

- According to The Daily Mail, Newcastle want to sign Everton striker, Sandro Ramirez on loan for the remainder of the season. It is claimed Newcastle are willing to pay a £2m loan fee, plus the players £100k per week wages but Allardyce feels Ramirez might still have a future at the Toffees.

- Sam Allardyce has confirmed to the Liverpool Echo that striker Oumar Niasse will not be sold in this transfer window.

- Arsenal and Everton target, Kerem Demirbay, has told Sky Deutchsland that any clubs interested in him should talk to his agent. The 24 year old plays for Hoffenheim.

- The Yorkshire Evening Post’s, Phil Hay, has tweeted Leeds are keen to make Everton defender Matthew Pennington’s loan deal permanent but will have to wait until the summer to do this.

- 4th Official say Everton are considering a loan deal for Chelsea Left Back, Abdul Baba Rahman. Fenerbahce are also interested in taking the player on loan.

- The Mirror reports Everton are looking to sign Bristol City’s £7m rated Left Back, Joe Bryan, this month. 24 year old Bryan has also attracted interest from Brighton and Newcastle.

- Nottingham Forest fans on twitter have been pleading with their club to make Kieran Dowell’s loan deal from Everton permanent.

- FC Inter News say Everton are one of a number of clubs who have reached a ‘rough agreement’ to take attacking midfielder, Joao Mario, from Inter on loan. The Portuguese international has so far refused approaches from English clubs.

And finally, following a special request from @rochdaleblue;

After already sealing a swap Sanchez/Mkhitaryan deal with Arsenal, it seems Manchester United are at it again. The Beano says United have approached Everton requesting straight swaps for left backs Cuco Martina and Luke Shaw, plus midfielders Morgan Schneiderlin and Paul Pogba. The Beano’s reporter, Desparate Dan, spoke to Everton’s DoF, Steve Walsh, who said the decision was so difficult, he’s taking a week in the Caribbean to think about it.
Cheers @Eggs it did make me smile. On a serious note, glad we are being linked with some left backs at last. I hope people don’t rule out Rahman just because he hasn’t made the grade at Chelsea. A number of players apart from the obvious ones (de Bruyne and Lukaku) have gone on to do very well at other clubs Johnson, Bertrand and Luis are all full backs who have left Chelsea and have gone into to bigger and better things at other clubs.

I fear that is what we continue to do though mate.

Tosun being a striker and we needed one so fair enough there.

But we didn't need Walcott. That still suggests he was signed simply because he was available rather than because we needed him. Especially when the manager hasn't actually changed much to accommodate him other than dropping a unfit player.

That's where we , as you say, will go round in circles rather than go forward. Still no signing make a sense in the context of it , only tosun because we literally had no striker .

Yeah, agree with this.

Walsh said in the AGM, they got offered over 15 strikers, including the guy who was at Spurs, are we just waiting until we are being offered players instead of pro-activly searching them out?

Our first few signings of the summer made sence, Pickford, Keane, Klaassen, Sandro & Onyekuru. They all seemed to fit a "type" as if we had actually done some research into them, all under 24, all looking to establish themsleves in the premier league but with plenty of potential. You add a left back to that list and it looks like a pretty decent list of summer signings (not perfect as we would probably still be short a player or 2, but these things take time)
Its the sigurdsson, martina and even earlier with bolasie signings that baffle me, and the not getting shut of certain players is frustrating too.

I know people generally hate Sam etc but I cannot help feeling he has walked into the club and thought WTF is this lot? He is pretty clear that the team is unbalanced, has players that shouldn't be there and it is a mess. He has regularly commented on size and clearly made a point about the number of number 10s in the club. Some people will say this is just an excuse but there is still part of me that thinks he will clear a lot of the rubbish out and leave a strong foundation of a club that is hard to beat and plays on the counter.

He was given a starting line up that worked and won him games in his opening few weeks..................pickford, kenny, holgate,williams, martina, gueye ,davies, rooney, lennon, dcl & sigurdsson. He changed that around after a few games jibbed davies off, kept pulling williams in and out of the team, said rooney and sigurdsson cant play in the same team, and we have looked tosh ever since

I know people generally hate Sam etc but I cannot help feeling he has walked into the club and thought WTF is this lot? He is pretty clear that the team is unbalanced, has players that shouldn't be there and it is a mess. He has regularly commented on size and clearly made a point about the number of number 10s in the club. Some people will say this is just an excuse but there is still part of me that thinks he will clear a lot of the rubbish out and leave a strong foundation of a club that is hard to beat and plays on the counter.

Sam needs to include himself in the clearout

Yeah, agree with this.

Walsh said in the AGM, they got offered over 15 strikers, including the guy who was at Spurs, are we just waiting until we are being offered players instead of pro-activly searching them out?

Our first few signings of the summer made sence, Pickford, Keane, Klaassen, Sandro & Onyekuru. They all seemed to fit a "type" as if we had actually done some research into them, all under 24, all looking to establish themsleves in the premier league but with plenty of potential. You add a left back to that list and it looks like a pretty decent list of summer signings (not perfect as we would probably still be short a player or 2, but these things take time)
Its the sigurdsson, martina and even earlier with bolasie signings that baffle me, and the not getting shut of certain players is frustrating too.
The common denominator being Koeman. They were all his signings.

Hasn't everyone been saying this team needed width and speed? Both of those Walcott has proven at the highest level. I would suggest we did need Walcott and someone of his quality.

Don't think many have, I haven't at least. The issue wasn't speed or width it was competent attack, doing something with the ball once you got down the pitch which we lack. Walcott can help with that massively but he won't getting the ball with his back to goal all game.

The common denominator being Koeman. They were all his signings.

I disagree. I believe Rooney was kenwrights and the rest can be split between Walsh and koeman.

Which is another factor as to why they all ended up crap recruitment on the whole

Don't think many have, I haven't at least. The issue wasn't speed or width it was competent attack, doing something with the ball once you got down the pitch which we lack. Walcott can help with that massively but he won't getting the ball with his back to goal all game.

I disagree. I believe Rooney was kenwrights and the rest can be split between Walsh and koeman.

Which is another factor as to why they all ended up crap recruitment on the whole
Martina, Sigurdson and Bolasie were most certainly Koemans signings. He openly said he wanted Sig and Bolasie here, and he brought Martina into the Southampton squad.

Oh yeah 100% mate, imagine them all rocking up to a meeting one day

Kenwright "alright lads, ive got us a number 10"

Koeman " eeeeeerrm i thought you were getting the left back bill, i went and got a 10 aswell"

Kenwright " its ok Ron, not ideal but atleast Steve wont have picked one"

Walsh " eeeeeerrrrrrm, he can play as an 8 if pushed"

He was given a starting line up that worked and won him games in his opening few weeks..................pickford, kenny, holgate,williams, martina, gueye ,davies, rooney, lennon, dcl & sigurdsson. He changed that around after a few games jibbed davies off, kept pulling williams in and out of the team, said rooney and sigurdsson cant play in the same team, and we have looked tosh ever since
But managers don't just change a winning team. He definitely messed around with it but there must have been something in the background to have caused the change. But agree that we have definitely looked tosh. Wasn't Williams ill for a couple of weeks? Can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.