January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Echo :

Roberto Martinez is working to try and bring a creative midfielder and a goalkeeper to Everton FC before the transfer deadline.
And the Blues boss will have money to spend before Monday night if he chooses to make a move in the market.
But Martinez maintains that the club will not be doing any significant business in the remaining days of the window despite clamour for him to bolster the squad with a clutch of signings.
The ECHO understands that Everton have narrowed their search for a goalkeeper but it remains uncertain whether a deal will be pushed through before Monday.

From Echo :

Roberto Martinez is working to try and bring a creative midfielder and a goalkeeper to Everton FC before the transfer deadline.
And the Blues boss will have money to spend before Monday night if he chooses to make a move in the market.
But Martinez maintains that the club will not be doing any significant business in the remaining days of the window despite clamour for him to bolster the squad with a clutch of signings.
The ECHO understands that Everton have narrowed their search for a goalkeeper but it remains uncertain whether a deal will be pushed through before Monday.
Any business we do should be significant.

No value in jan? Ukrainian winger and ings ?20m of players for 5-6m? Gil 3.2. We should be all over these players even if only to sell them in a year for profit. But we wait until the summer and buy players like lukaku for 28m . I like lukaku but 28m is not value and I have a feelin that 28m will be the biggest transfer fee he will ever fetch in his career
I have to say I probably agree with you regarding Lukaku but when we do sell we also probably won't loose much either. In other words we will have essentially have had him, a 25m player for 3 or 4 years for free.

Which is still better than buying a 27 or older player who would have little resale value.

Plus you never know. At the moment he needs a lot of space and suits a counter attacking side more but physically he has all the attributes and he's definitely got an eye for goal which can't be taught. He could very easily become a world class striker.

If the teams at the top feel the need to strengthen in January then sure as sh... we need to!!

Even if we had performed better and were not struggling there would of always been a need to evolve and strengthen.

Although I totaly understand why, the summer was a poor window for us really. We only strengthened by adding Besic. Lakaku and Barry had already been our players for a year. Didn't really refresh with that big addition.

A new signings revitalizes fans and players alike. Pull your finger out Bobby.

In - Pato, Lennon, Konaplyanka and maybe a GK.

Out - Atsu or maybe McGeady.

That's what I'd do.
I would take a summer of buying a 21 year old Besic for 4m and a 21 year old Lukaku for 28m every year even if we bought no-one else.

The summer was good but we should have also bought a winger. We definitely should this window.

Classic footy fans.

We want signings...."but not that signing"

We want top players...."but not him...."

We want loans...."he is not good enough"

We want money spent, yet dont bother going to some games, and when we do spend...."he is a rip off...."

The club cant win.

Would appear from what's been said that we will be bringing players in (Martinez's cautionary words being to save face if we dont) and that a playmaker is top of the list. Not before time either. We've needed one for 12 months and he should have moved in the summer to bring one in.

Would appear from what's been said that we will be bringing players in (Martinez's cautionary words being to save face if we dont) and that a playmaker is top of the list. Not before time either. We've needed one for 12 months and he should have moved in the summer to bring one in.

Mirallas will be moved in on over the weekend mate it seems. Whether he goes or not is another question.

As is the way with Everton. Any potential good news is shot down by worse bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.