Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely thats reason enough to look elsewhere.

Not that it matters in all honesty because unless there is a complete re build in midfield we're going to have very little of the ball again.
Keane's not a bad player, when he's been in good form he's been called up to the England team with twelve caps. He has gone through periods of really good spells, but then he can make one error, looks completely lost, loses all confidence and falls apart.

His mental strength lets him down, otherwise he'd be seen as a really solid defender.

If this has legs, I just wonder who would be on the way out. Has to be Mina.

Shame, I love the big Galoot.

At first I thought he would be a terrible signing but if we can someone get him on a 2 year deal with an option for a third year I think it’s a no brainer.

Even if it’s a 3 year, I doubt we’d struggle to sell him if it didn’t work out.

The facts are that Moyes was desperate to sign him in recent years, and Lampard himself wanted to bring him to Chelsea in a window where they bought a load of superstars.

Lampard’s previous interest at least shows consistency and that he rates him to play at a much higher level than he was at Burnley.

On top of that he’s one of the best defensively in the league (tackling/aerially). The question marks are pace and how he is on the ball, but our biggest failings came with set pieces and he’d transform us there.

We’d be overloaded with centre backs so I assume that one of Keane or Mina would be leaving. Mina because he’s unfortunately so injury prone, or Keane because I think Lampard favoured Godfrey and Holgate over him whenever Mina was fit (?).

If we want him we should move fast as there’ll be plenty of takers. It’s a cheap option which allows us to spend elsewhere.
Yeah, I appreciate this and our defence is terrible, just not 5 year deal please. And get the business done early please ?

90k per week is getting up to 5m a year, so 3 year deal he would cost us around 15m if there’s a signing on fee let’s say 1m he’s going to cost us 16m over 3 years, good deal or not?

I think Mina has one year left on his deal, I’d keep him and see if he can stay fit. If we can get say tarkowski in we would have what I class as a leading defender, add Keane,Holgate, Godfrey and Braithwaite i think that would be good enough, we would have 5 with decent records of not getting injured and Mina who if he can get fit long term would be great. Obviously if all fit I’d play a back line of Mykolenko,Tarkowski,Mina,Patterson (that’s a good defence) but any of the rest coming in for Mina I think would be ok, as from what I’ve seen Tarkowski he would be a decent leader.

I think Mina has one year left on his deal, I’d keep him and see if he can stay fit. If we can get say tarkowski in we would have what I class as a leading defender, add Keane,Holgate, Godfrey and Braithwaite i think that would be good enough, we would have 5 with decent records of not getting injured and Mina who if he can get fit long term would be great. Obviously if all fit I’d play a back line of Mykolenko,Tarkowski,Mina,Patterson (that’s a good defence) but any of the rest coming in for Mina I think would be ok, as from what I’ve seen Tarkowski he would be a decent leader.
Can't carry all those defenders we will sell a couple I think

Has to be Mina. If someone would pay actual money for him I'd bite their hand off.

He's our best centre half. By far. But he's unable, or unwilling, to play week in/week out.

We simply cannot carry that in that position. Perhaps in a wide attacking role, sure. But you can't build a defence around him

I don't see anyone buying Keane.

Mina on a permanent and Branthwaite on loan. Jarrad needs regular game time.
Can’t see may being in for Mina with his injury record either. At least Keane stay fit most of the time, I could see some one coming in for him, but in a way Keane along side a better leader and he isn’t bad, it’s shown when he’s played along side Mina.

Half our defensive problem is we invite teams on so much any teams defence would struggle. The to
teams attack a lot more meaning the defenders don’t need to defend so much, we do need to be on the front foot more next season.

Anyway, others are making offers for Tarkowski so I doubt he will end i up p here.

More likely to go to Villa, Newcastle or Leicester. That’s unless his missus doesn’t want to move house.,

i hope we get rid of at least 2 center backs. Ideally Mina (too often injured) and Keane (too similar to Tarkowski if he would join). But if we cant get rid of Keane i would consider selling Holgate. And Branthwaite needs to go out on loan and play a proper season in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.