Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not in a position to throw away cash are we though? I doubt Brands would waste it anyhow (usually) but this season we have had to be tight to make these signings. I still can't see how we are going to achieve a decent value out to help pay for this.

We moan why have we got a load of crap on massive amounts that we can't shift yet blame him when we try and ensure we don't end up in the same position in a few years time. We have been a byword for mugs since Moshiri turned up because we will (would have hopefully) pay whatever to get what we wanted. The fact we are negotiating now will make it easier in future as chairmen/CEOs won't just see £££s when Everton come calling.
Agree, all in all Im glad to see us try and spend at a sensible level but I do think people arent recognising that there is more than one way to get additional revenue into the club. We have already seen it play out over the last couple of seasons. We can adjust and increase the sponsorship deals

Agree, all in all Im glad to see us try and spend at a sensible level but I do think people arent recognising that there is more than one way to get additional revenue into the club. We have already seen it play out over the last couple of seasons. We can adjust and increase the sponsorship deals

I'd like to think utilising James 75m plus followers on social media will allow for some better sponsorship.

Cazoo must be laughing there head's off.

Christ the salty comments under that tweet lol People need to look at the bigger picture. Despite the Fact a lot of the players we already have have underperformed, we DO have talent in our squad. When they see the likes of Allan and particularly Rodriguez walk through the door, then that surely galvanises those players and gets another 10% out of them. We have talented youngsters too, the likes of Gordon can only improve working and playing with the likes of these players. Holgate, DCL, Richarlison, Kean, Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Gordon, we have a core of young players already. What we badly needed was experience and players that are ready now, in the middle of the park. We’ve now got that.

Status
Not open for further replies.