Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always think of players like him and I wonder if he ever called into the club shop and asked the lady "eh Linda, anyone get my name on the back of the shirt yet?"

"Not yet John, come back though next week as I'm sure it won't be much longer now"
Thought he was a decent signing at the time macca,good goal record at Chelsea,how wrong can you be?,for me he was even worse than the Angell Brett,as least he had comedy value lol

I personally will refuse to believe he’s actually signed for us until he does one of these adverts:

757-DF096-29-D6-4183-9-DA0-8-BB9-C45-E884-B.jpg

Mate he really is a fantastic player, he really came to prominence during his time at Porto as a real stand out and then his Columbia performances solidified his move...

He his high energy, never stops moving and never stops fixing his positioning ensuring that he is in space off the ball to receive, his awareness of space and positioning is through the charts... watch ‘that goal’ vs Uruguay again, he changes position maybe 6 or 7 times, then pre empts when the ball is finally coming towards him, looks over his shoulder picks his spot then absolutely nails the technique

He has great ball control, but his biggest skill is his passing, both accuracy and range... i would be willing to bet he will get double figures in assists purely off picking the ball up on the edge of the box on the right hand side and lobbing the defence to the far post and oncoming Richarlison.... it is his trademark and he is easily top 5 in the world at it....

He also pops up with Blammos when needed and the only reason for his lack of appearances last season (mainly copa del ray) is due to his relationship with Zidane.... he is honestly on par with De Bruyne, he has slightly better ability, slightly worse consistency but a comparison i am happy making

The problem is people lack the ability to be objective in their judgement of him, because he didn't light the world up and become Ronaldo mach 2 at Madrid as was expected then he must be trash, fact is he is an amazing footballer and i still cannot believe him coming here is a possibility

Side note: i’m not sure how many will remember, however, strong rumours came out of talks between Moyes and Porto in the weeks prior to the world cup for the signing of James Rodriguez... his subsequent performance deaded that in the water, i have been a fan ever since

Yeah OK mate. He isnt even in the same league as KDB. And people wonder why our fan base gets called deluded.

Rodriguez has done nothing but score a fantastic goal in a world cup and been nothing but a let down at Madrid and also his loan spell at Bayern.

To even suggest he is anywhere near the level of KDB is quite mad.

Rodriguez has done nothing but score a fantastic goal in a world cup and been nothing but a let down at Madrid and also his loan spell at Bayern.
Why do people keep parroting this?

You’re right on him not being at the same level as KDB, but to say he’s done nothing since 2014 is a complete fallacy. Injury problems galore, yes that’s a massive concern, but has still maintained a near 1 goal and assists per 3 games record when he’s played.

When fit, he is an elite tier player... it’s just the staying fit part that I’m most concerned with.

Yeah OK mate. He isnt even in the same league as KDB. And people wonder why our fan base gets called deluded.

To even suggest he is anywhere near the level of KDB is quite mad.

He is a class above if you compare with our midfielders. That is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.