2017/18 James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragic accident in lots of respects and I hope Macca makes a good recovery.
I've got to say that this morning, I felt uncomfortable as I read on the Ross Barkley thread somebody wishing an Eduardo type double break on the lad. I thought that was a bit vicious.
I can't be arsed looking back to see who posted it, but I wonder how they feel when one of ours, playing his way back into form suffers that injury.
Nice one mate.

Horrendous incident.

Puts everything into perspective.

Leg breaks of this sort are difficult to fully recover from. I wish the lad all the very best.

You young'uns who go on Twitter might want to get in touch with the boy on there to wish him well.

May be showing my ignorance but not sure where the sectarianism is here?

The lad was born in Glasgow to Scottish parents - what does religion have to do with it?

Thought that was quite a funny post but anyway...

I didn't see the leg break but watching him lying on the ground from my seat was horrific - everyone around me was in shock and shouting for the stretcher bearers to hurry up.

A truly horrible injury to suffer.
The inference being he is Scottish but plays for Ireland. I’m sure you fully well know that, stop acting daft.

Warned
Jesus Christ do I have to repeat this every time I post in this thread?

We will not have any, I repeat, ANY, sectarianism here. This is not Glasgow or 1950.

Everton (and therefore Liverpool) came from a Welsh Methodist church which is neither Protestant nor Catholic. The Irish contingent of players in the fifties attracted Irish fans - nothing to do with either religion.

My family were Orange Lodge and have supported Everton since the start of football, I have proof. I know catholic fans who can say the same.

End of, thanks.

giphy.gif

My grandfather worked on Liverpool docks in the 20s
My father worked on Liverpool Docks in the late 50s
Both were born and bred in Dublin and were catholics
I’ve supported Everton since I was 7 in 1967 ( 4-0!win over Sunderland ) and I’m a catholic.
I couldn’t give a flying fiddlers fook where an Everton player or supporter come from , what his religion is or what nationality he chooses to adopt
As long as he chooses to be blue that’ll do me.
I’d rather James McCarthy than a born and bred scouser called Mr Barkley
Well said sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.