2017/18 James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you, be God.....even though we are in the bottom three and badly in need of points?

Dead rubber?

I don’t think you even know what it means :blush:

And if you are going to be so precious about the 26 County nomenclature......wind yer neck in.

That is a more accurate description than lazily saying “Ireland” when the team represents not the island of Ireland but the twenty six counties of the “Republic of” Ireland.

There is a whole nother Ireland in the north eastern part of the island, hey boy :pint2:

Oh and BTW......I will be rooting for the boys in green in that tie.

Up the Republic....:dance:

Well I’m assuming that Everton will pull points out of the bag now that Koemans gone - although you never know.

So if we got ourselves safe well then there won’t be much more to play for this season - games against the top six will of course be savored, but games against the mid table and relegation sides may feel a little dead rubbery. If McCarthy can prove his fitness then he’ll be raring to be involved in one of the most important games of his career.

And also, most people would know that when I say “Ireland”, I mean the Republic of Ireland - I was of the understanding that most who support that team located in the north eastern section of our Island aren’t particularly interested in Irishness or being from Ireland, so they can’t be too offended by people referring to the ROI team as merely “Ireland”.

Well I’m assuming that Everton will pull points out of the bag now that Koemans gone - although you never know.

So if we got ourselves safe well then there won’t be much more to play for this season - games against the top six will of course be savored, but games against the mid table and relegation sides may feel a little dead rubbery. If McCarthy can prove his fitness then he’ll be raring to be involved in one of the most important games of his career.

And also, most people would know that when I say “Ireland”, I mean the Republic of Ireland - I was of the understanding that most who support that team located in the north eastern section of our Island aren’t particularly interested in Irishness or being from Ireland, so they can’t be too offended by people referring to the ROI team as merely “Ireland”.

Well, nearly half of them do associate themselves with Irishness.

Including your manager.

And your best player.

And Shane Duffy.

Try and a quaint yourself with the facts ;)

Well, nearly half of them do associate themselves with Irishness.

Including your manager.

And your best player.

And Shane Duffy.

Try and a quaint yourself with the facts ;)

And if you asked Shane Duffy or James McClean what country they play football for... They would reply “Ireland”, the lads wouldn’t bother sprouting out “the 26 county Republic”.

Needs to be sold in Jan, I don't care anymore if he puts in great performances consistently till jan...

If he does that it pushes his value up.

We need the money to reinvest and he will be injured again soon.

I think hes a great player but you cant carry injury prone players.

And if you asked Shane Duffy or James McClean what country they play football for... They would reply “Ireland”, the lads wouldn’t bother sprouting out “the 26 county Republic”.

Sorry that’s utter rubbish my friend.
I’m from Dublin and anytime I’m asked where I’m from I say I’m from the 26 countys
Infact anyone I know says the same .

He's an efficient player at what he does. On his day as against Arsenal and Liverpool( where his substitution turned the game against us)he can shine. But he's a very limited player ,even for a DM, and offers next to nothing offensively.
On a personal note ,he's not a player I enjoy watching nor have I ever felt any warmth for him, respect but not warmth. I swear the only time I've ever seen him smile was when he was cuddling a Celtic supporter.

Sorry that’s utter rubbish my friend.
I’m from Dublin and anytime I’m asked where I’m from I say I’m from the 26 countys
Infact anyone I know says the same .
If someone asks you on your holiday where you are from, you wouldn’t reply “I’m from the 26 County Republic”, you’d just say Ireland. But that’s irrelevant to this thread.

What is relevant is the fact that a fit Jimmy Mac in midfield is a good thing for Ireland and a bad thing for Denmark, who knows Everton might get a few mill extra if James puts in a shift at the WC and eventually moves on.

As an Everton-Irish fan, I’d put our World Cup play-off against Denmark ahead of Evertons bore dead rubber games against Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton...

As I said already, if he can get game time in the next three club fixtures, then he’ll surely be fit to play some part in Ireland’s two game - probably only the first leg as the suspended, and probably superior David Meyler will come back from suspension for the second-leg.

Also, 26 county duty? Weak and weird dig.
Are you even an Everton fan ??.... referring to premier league matches as dead rubbers when there's only 9 games gone and an extra 9 points from 3 very winnable games would send us shooting up the table ... a new manager as well.... btw I'm Irish and Everton always comes 1st for me

If the lads fit enough to play against Chelsea and is likely get more time over the next few games, then he's fit enough to turn out for his country. Might not like but that's the way it is....

Status
Not open for further replies.