2023/24 James Garner

Lots to like about Garner. Nothing flashy, just a good honest professional. Improving all the time and will be an asset going forward
Constantly sniffed out danger in that Forest game. If we're going to play with the ball, it's imperative to be alert to the counter and he was. It's after midnight here, I'm finishing some work, and I've got the replay on. So many times he intervened with a tackle, a toe poke to break up a pass, a stiff shoulder, whatever, just to prevent Forest from getting off to the races. Nothing showy, just right-place-right-time and plenty of graft.

Constantly sniffed out danger in that Forest game. If we're going to play with the ball, it's imperative to be alert to the counter and he was. It's after midnight here, I'm finishing some work, and I've got the replay on. So many times he intervened with a tackle, a toe poke to break up a pass, a stiff shoulder, whatever, just to prevent Forest from getting off to the races. Nothing showy, just right-place-right-time and plenty of graft.
It was an exceptional performance from that perspective. I'd to see him be a bit more confident against the bigger teams now. Demand the ball more and run with it more.