Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly couldn't name a better captain for us, oozes class and leadership, leads by example and under Martinez has slowly started to improve!

he is a solid down to earth professional getting on with his job and forgoing histrionics.

And if RH is anyone to go by rated apparently as the top English CH.

Jags gets such a hard time about his hoof balls of past years. Clearly whilst not being an amazing ball playing type of player he was just following orders. Yet under moyes whilst playing for England he played the ball on the floor a lot more.

He's adapted brilliantly, is a top captain, England's No.1 CB and quite frankly I have a lot of time for jags, one of my favourite players for a number of years now.

Didn't jags say its nice to have a manager who you can talk to who gives you confidence?

Moyes wasn't a people person.

i have always viewed Jags as a mystery of a player. As a defender he is not the best, lack of pace and sometimes awareness when the other team are bearing down at him. However as our captain he is the perfect English defender because he is the man you want to be the last man back. He may not rush out and deal with the danger before it becomes dangerous, ala Ferninand in his prime but instead (probably due to previous coaching) he seems fantastic as the guy who deals with the danger when it is in his face.

Don't know about anyone else but Jags is strangely a perfect choice for our captain in my eyes.

Didn't jags say its nice to have a manager who you can talk to who gives you confidence?

Moyes wasn't a people person.

Bull.... Many of many players have praised moyes for the way he delt and had a relationship with his players. Roberto is also excellent too in a different way to moyes (better IMO)

Everything that's good about our new manager and our team/club doesn't have to be a negative digg at moyes!
It's boring and honestly sounds quite bitter...

Bull.... Many of many players have praised moyes for the way he delt and had a relationship with his players. Roberto is also excellent too in a different way to moyes (better IMO)

Everything that's good about our new manager and our team/club doesn't have to be a negative digg at moyes!
It's boring and honestly sounds quite bitter...

I always find irony in this. The best examples of Moyes vs a player were always sensible ones e.g Alcoholic Meyde, Career over Jeffers, No-one wants him Drenthe. I am sure there were times when Moyes was a terrible people person but we may never know about them. At least his public ones he was right about.

Jags has been magnificent this season

When Martinez arrived, I feared for Jags and Distin, knowing how ****e they have looked on the ball under Moyes.

Jags in particular has completely surprised me. Now comfortable coming out of defence. His little pass into Lukaku in the build up to our winner at Old Trafford was a great example. Best centre back we've had since Ratcliffe IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.