Jack Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford_uk

Player Valuation: £15m
How come he can't get a game??? Meant to be one of the hottest young talents surely we have to start building a team around him and the big fella? I know he is still very young and that could be the reason.

Is the reason that he is gonna be the one that is off loaded in the summer? I just find it a bit strange thats all

Personally I don't see what he offers at the moment, specifically.

He's not experienced enough to be useful defensively, he doesn't seem to have great vision (in the same kind of vein as Arteta), he hasn't ever scored that many (a few 30 yard screamers in Europe doesn't make him Lampard).

He's got world class potential, but right now we've got better options in every position. And we still don't even know what he is; a CB, a centre midfielder, an attacking midfielder?

Personally I don't see what he offers at the moment, specifically.

He's not experienced enough to be useful defensively, he doesn't seem to have great vision (in the same kind of vein as Arteta), he hasn't ever scored that many (a few 30 yard screamers in Europe doesn't make him Lampard).

He's got world class potential, but right now we've got better options in every position. And we still don't even know what he is; a CB, a centre midfielder, an attacking midfielder?

This. Atm when ever he plays or comes on in midfield, he just looks like a CB playing in midfield to me, his movement off the ball is rubbish, he plays the simple stuff well but when he tries to play the first time clever stuff over the top or round the corner down the line it never comes off and it usually surrenders possesion to the opposition too easily and thats no good for us atm, but he isnt the only one to be doing those things at the minute.

But ive said before cos were so skint that i wouldnt be too bothered if we sacrificed him in the summer for an handsome fee so we could go and buy the right players that we need right now cos IMO we dont really need Rodwell right now like we need players for other positions and tbh, i dont think he's progressed much, if at all since breaking in to the 1st team squad 3 or 4 years ago, yeah he as his moments but there few and far between and if the likes of Felli, Arteta and Cahill are fit, he wont get in the side and he'll be a bench warmer so why not sacrifice him for a lot of dough so we can improve in the summer.

Plus, before we even buy or sell in the summer, where well equiped in the centre of midfield and at CB come next season, especially if the likes of Duffy, Mustafi, Dier (if he signs permenantly) and Barkley (if he makes a full recovery with no set backs) come through and show there potential as expected.

Last season or the season before that i wouldnt of been saying such a thing, i'd of been saying lets keep the likes of Rodwell and build a team around the likes of him, Jags, Baines, Felli, Coleman and Arteta but the truth is, we cant, we havnt got the money to and if we are going to bring in certain players that we need, we are going to after wheel and deal and i'd rather sacrifice one player in Rodwell for a good fee to be able to bring in 2 or 3 players that we desperately need instead of selling a few squad players to make up the funds cos even though you'd be replacing 2 or 3 squad players with better quality, you'll still have the same numbers but if you let Rodwell go and bring in 3, your adding to the numbers and making the squad bigger and better at the same time.

Thats what i'd do personally in our current situation of having fcuk all cos i dont want to see another summer like last or a january window like this or certainly not another season like this and last by not having anything to spend and having the same squad basically and struggling to get results, i'd rather we got our house in order right from the off at the end of the season and make the decision to sell Rodwell for no less than £25m (asking alot on current form i know) cos im sure with that amount of cash if Moyes got the lot, he'd be able to bring in the 2 wingers and a striker with quality and pace that we badly need!.

Any chance this thread could get a few more posts than one of the last ones Ford started?

(Sir Landon of Donovan)

Because we have Arteta and Felliani playing in his postion give him two years and he will be in the starting 11.

If people are thinking of how selling Rooney set us up for a few years, and consider Rodwell in the same light...well, fair enough I suppose.

My only concern is what happens to EFC when there aren't any Rooney or Rodwell types in the cupboard? We can't always assume that we'll unearth a huge talent & cash in for future success. If he's good enough to build a team around, then do it FFS! If not, sell him & lets hope we find another cash cow soon.

Arteta has been crap why not play Rodders? I mean the Crab or a young one we are not sure what we have yet? At least Rodders will go towards the goal and not freaking sideways.

im a bit more cynical to why hes not startin ithink after he was linked with mu last summer i belive its more of a keeping him out of the shop window thing keeping a low profile until feb weve been constantly unsettled in the last couple of windows with players leaving rumours and i belive he one we carnt realy afford to looses what would it say about ambition of the club if he was to go ...not a effing lot imo

If people are thinking of how selling Rooney set us up for a few years, and consider Rodwell in the same light...well, fair enough I suppose.

My only concern is what happens to EFC when there aren't any Rooney or Rodwell types in the cupboard? We can't always assume that we'll unearth a huge talent & cash in for future success. If he's good enough to build a team around, then do it FFS! If not, sell him & lets hope we find another cash cow soon.

I dont consider Rodwell and Rooney in the same light, Rooney back then and now was and is a lot better player than Rodwell, i didnt want us to sell Rooney but understood why we had to but Rodwell to me isnt any better than any of our current central midfielders.

Me personally, i do think in time that Rodwell will get better, but not to a level of the likes of Rooney, not world class level like alot seem to think, i dont see that quality in him, he doesnt excite me like Rooney used to if i saw that he was starting or about to come on.

For me Rodwell is well over hyped and as been too in consistant since making the first team squad 3 years ago and if im honest, hasnt progressed much and you cant say its because he hasnt had the chances or game time cos he as, maybe not this season, but when he as he's been in consistant, which is understandable for youngsters, and thats when he's been put out of the team.

For 3 years since being involved with the first team squad, he's been in consistant and hasnt put a run of games together where he's been really good and an influence on games and i dont see him being a player for us like how Gerrard, Rooney, Fabregas and the likes are for there clubs, for me Fellaini is going to be are talisman if we can keep him in the future and Rodwell for me can only play the similar type of role to him in our team and he's nowhere near as good, and i cant see him playing in an attacking role as he hasnt got that footballing ability or quality i dont think, yeah he can shoot with both feet but he isnt creative, and i dont see him becoming a CB anytime soon like Moyesy thinks he will, he might in 5 years time when we havnt got Distin no more but who;s to say the likes of Duffy, Mustafi or Dier havnt broke through by then?.

All im saying is is that Rodwell is a talent with potential and thats all, there's no garauntee he will fulfill it and from what im seeing from him year in, year out, i dont seem him becoming world class like most think, he'll be good but will he be better than Felli in years to come and take his place in the team, i dont think so. To me, a player who is the same age as Rodwell and who is starting to look like the perfect central midfield player is Wilshere, if he adds goals to his game then he'll become the complete midfielder to me, he plays the game how you should play it and Rodwell is not even in his league IMO, he doesnt have the movement like him, doesnt knock the ball about like him or have the vision neither.

I just think that this time round, we could sell a player like Rodwell who is a young talent with so far unfulfilled potential for a lot of money to help bank roll our spending in the summer, we could then be able to possibly buy a couple of wingers and a striker that we need and if Barkley recovers from his broken leg and kicks on with is footballing progress then he would take over Rodwells mantle as the up and coming youngster coming through the ranks and into the first team and take his place and from what ive heard and seen for the England under 18's or 19's before his injury, Barkley is a natural midfielder and looks a better prospect.

The man, the myth, the legend..

Ford_UK created the epic Donovan thread.. You should post more lid..

As for Rodders, I think he is lacking confidence atm.

I dont consider Rodwell and Rooney in the same light, Rooney back then and now was and is a lot better player than Rodwell, i didnt want us to sell Rooney but understood why we had to but Rodwell to me isnt any better than any of our current central midfielders.

Hi Aidey...you make some good points there.

I just want to clarify that when I typed "in the same light", I meant it in the sense of an income source. The way teams like MU were hovering must have been quite a temptation to cash in. I get limited opportunities to watch matches in full so I am rarely in any position to comment on a players worth on the field.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.