2023/24 Jack Harrison

All about transfer fee and wages. If we could get him for £10 million on a moderate wage fine. He works hard and I like his attitude. However more likely have to pay £25 million and pay him £75k a week and that's not where we're at anymore

I feel like check the Brighton team? They’ve found some no?

Look there are choices to be made. You can say you want to make the choice to do what you said in your post but it is still a choice.
They're playing European football and have a world class coach. They can afford to buy young players who have shown potential and allow them to grow into the league. We don't have that luxury.

That's not to say that we can't do both and I think that Thelwell is going that way - mixture of established premier league players along with some good young talent.

Look i'd rather have Gnonto from Leeds than Harrison, don't get me wrong. But that doesn't mean that Harrison isn't adequate as a squad player for a mid-lower end of the table Everton team. And I also don't think he is as wack as people on here make out. Certainly not as wack as Danjuma anyway

They're playing European football and have a world class coach. They can afford to buy young players who have shown potential and allow them to grow into the league. We don't have that luxury.

That's not to say that we can't do both and I think that Thelwell is going that way - mixture of established premier league players along with some good young talent.

Look i'd rather have Gnonto from Leeds than Harrison, don't get me wrong. But that doesn't mean that Harrison isn't adequate as a squad player for a mid-lower end of the table Everton team. And I also don't think he is as wack as people on here make out. Certainly not as wack as Danjuma anyway
That’s a fair take. I do think there is another path where we just stop wasting time on “experience” when it’s all average to bad players with limited skill sets who are going to get worse with time.

We’re grading on a curve here so yes raw currency wise it is less but we have less to spend so it would be really really bad.
Fair play to your view. Personally, I would be happy to sign him for 20-25 million, as the reality is that is the going price for any Premier League player. I would be so happy if the scouting network can prove me wrong, but considering they spent £45 million on Beto and the other Portuguese lad, I'm not holding my breath. For the record, I don't mind those signings but just pointing out that £45 million buys a sub and a youngster nowadays.

Fair play to your view. Personally, I would be happy to sign him for 20-25 million, as the reality is that is the going price for any Premier League player. I would be so happy if the scouting network can prove me wrong, but considering they spent £45 million on Beto and the other Portuguese lad, I'm not holding my breath. For the record, I don't mind those signings but just pointing out that £45 million buys a sub and a youngster nowadays.
Well the Beto signing was terrible. Chermiti is too early to judge but we have a manager who is unlikely to trust him or develop him so it might go that way too unfortunately. Harrison goes into the same pile at that price which we know now so why would we do it?

That’s a fair take. I do think there is another path where we just stop wasting time on “experience” when it’s all average to bad players with limited skill sets who are going to get worse with time.
I think we've recruited well in the last few years in defensive and midfield areas. Mykolenko, Garner, Branthwaite and Onana have been fantastic finds and I'm still hopeful for Patterson.

Would like to see us replicate that with some of our attacking signings but good quality in attack is easier to spot and so in greater demand. You can quietly go about your business as a holding midfielder, but score ten and get ten assists at most levels and people take notice.

We definitely need to find that guy who is going to replace what we lost with Richarlison, but even he cost us £50 big ones.

We live in hope

I think we've recruited well in the last few years in defensive and midfield areas. Mykolenko, Garner, Branthwaite and Onana have been fantastic finds and I'm still hopeful for Patterson.

Would like to see us replicate that with some of our attacking signings but good quality in attack is easier to spot and so in greater demand. You can quietly go about your business as a holding midfielder, but score ten and get ten assists at most levels and people take notice.

We definitely need to find that guy who is going to replace what we lost with Richarlison, but even he cost us £50 big ones.

We live in hope
The first change in fixing the attack is finding a manager who wants to fix it. Once we get that done we can try to recruit for what we’re trying to do going forward. 28 year old Jack Harrison should not fit that profile, and if he does it’s probably the wrong profile.

Well the Beto signing was terrible. Chermiti is too early to judge but we have a manager who is unlikely to trust him or develop him so it might go that way too unfortunately. Harrison goes into the same pile at that price which we know now so why would we do it?
Sorry, but which pile does JH fit? It's certainly not the same pile as either of those.

Cut's inside into traffic too often , several times he has the space in front of him but doesn't try to drive to the byline. He is OK as a squad player and for £10 Mill and no more than £50k per week would be decent business . Works hard covers the full back but end product is mystfyingly poor.