2023/24 Jack Harrison

These reports we've seen today about we had no deal set up, and we have to see during the summer etc, again make no sense. As we were told when we loaned him that we had a deal set up to buy him already arranged & included in the deal going by a lot fo reports, with reports even a few weeks later saying we may even trigger the loan to perm deal then. As always with reports it's which one you believe.

N
These reports we've seen today about we had no deal set up, and we have to see during the summer etc, again make no sense. As we were told when we loaned him that we had a deal set up to buy him already arranged & included in the deal going by a lot fo reports, with reports even a few weeks later saying we may even trigger the loan to perm deal then. As always with reports it's which one you believe.
Not sure that’s true. Deal always had no right to buy. When he signed his new contract with Leeds earlier this year it had two clauses. 1) if relegated he could go on loan 2) a release clause for 15-20m (have seen both numbers).
The loan deal with Everton has no right to buy but his personal contract has a release clause

N

Not sure that’s true. Deal always had no right to buy. When he signed his new contract with Leeds earlier this year it had two clauses. 1) if relegated he could go on loan 2) a release clause for 15-20m (have seen both numbers).
The loan deal with Everton has no right to buy but his personal contract has a release clause
That may well be true, but as said reports weeks later said there was a deal in place for a perm move included in the deal, with the same reports saying we may trigger it then, instead of waiting. As always we never know what stuff been said is true or not.

Working hard is part of playing a team sport, if you can't do it then you shouldn't be anywhere near a team sport let alone at this level. I worry that many of our fans seem to see 'working hard' as an attribute when it's not. It's the bare basics of any sport whether it's in the local park or at PL level.
You’re right, but when the likes of Iwobi stroll around amongst myriad similar signings, you can see why fans don’t take it for granted.

Harrison is an honest plodder and a clever player. But he’s not worth more than 10m in my book.

Working hard is part of playing a team sport, if you can't do it then you shouldn't be anywhere near a team sport let alone at this level. I worry that many of our fans seem to see 'working hard' as an attribute when it's not. It's the bare basics of any sport whether it's in the local park or at PL level.

There is a difference between working hard and doing it for the team. Nobody ran around more than alex iwobi but his actual contribution was nothing. He never tracked or tackled the opposition. Hence Everton hardly strung any decent wins back to back.
i wouldnt knock hard work under a clear instruction from the manager. Top class sides mirror ability and hard work. Unless anyone hasnt noticed we cant go out and buy top class ability so having players who fit into a system and genuinely buy into it is the next best thing. I honestly dont get what people are moaning about. For the first time in a while the group we have are all buying into a really good bond of put the work in and we'll have a good chance of winning games. Its been a while since ive seen that at Everton.
Of course, if anyone has any better options availble going for nothing or under 5m then contact the club.

You are right and wrong.

It should be table stakes to get into a premier league side (or any side), but in reality it just isn't.

I also think there is a difference between working hard, and doing what Harrison and McNeil do. It takes a certain amount of fitness and a certain mentality to press at the front and defend responsibly like they do. I don't think it's all that common, to see players like that consistently.