2023/24 Jack Harrison

Assist aside, which was a basic pass to a man with his back to goal, he wasn't great against West Ham.
It's OK guys, players have poor games without the need to deny this fact or melt them down for glue. Not sure why it's always one extreme or the other.
Should have scored at least one.
Should have come off for Danjuma or Dobbin.
He'll have plenty more great games and a few more stinkers before the season is over.

Assist aside, which was a basic pass to a man with his back to goal, he wasn't great against West Ham.
It's OK guys, players have poor games without the need to deny this fact or melt them down for glue. Not sure why it's always one extreme or the other.
Should have scored at least one.
Should have come off for Danjuma or Dobbin.
He'll have plenty more great games and a few more stinkers before the season is over.

Genuine trier though. No fake tackles like the fella who was in the team before him. That for me is the biggest plus.
Huge huge upgrade in team spirit. Players know players and i think team mates know when you really want it.

Genuine trier though. No fake tackles like the fella who was in the team before him. That for me is the biggest plus.
Huge huge upgrade in team spirit. Players know players and i think team mates know when you really want it.
Oh absolutely. Had a bad game for me but still 100% more functional in the team than Iwobi was and we also know what his best position is.

He's just like any player that comes to everton...there's a shortcoming or two. In his case the obvious one is the lack of pace you would like to see in that position, but quite right he is an upgrade over iwobi and gray...show ponies the pair of them.

After 4 games Jack Harrison is a third of the way to matching Alex Iwobis total goal contributions for his 38 games last year.

Oh no, how will we cope without the Alex Iwobi “running around” a lot
To be fair in 22/23 Iwobi got 2 goals, 8 assists and created 64 chances (12th highest in the league).

Ok, for 2.5 seasons he was bad, but for his final 18 months he was decent for us. He also had a good work rate which is positive for a creative player.

I like what I’ve seen from Harrison so far though and hope he continues to impress.

Iwobi wasn’t the problem last season in my opinion.

To be fair in 22/23 Iwobi got 2 goals, 8 assists and created 64 chances (12th highest in the league).

Ok, for 2.5 seasons he was bad, but for his final 18 months he was decent for us. He also had a good work rate which is positive for a creative player.

I like what I’ve seen from Harrison so far though and hope he continues to impress.

Iwobi wasn’t the problem last season in my opinion.

Didnt want Iwobi and didnt rate him.

Harrison at least puts the hard yards in--with purpose--while Iwobi used to be ineffective defensively.

Still dont see anything in Harrison to advocate a permanent signing.

Didnt want Iwobi and didnt rate him.

Harrison at least puts the hard yards in--with purpose--while Iwobi used to be ineffective defensively.

Still dont see anything in Harrison to advocate a permanent signing.
That amazing strike against Bournemouth (which no other player we have or have previously had, bar james, could have pulled off), alongside the determination and desire to get to the far post for the header that lead to doucs tap in to make it 3-0 was a great performance.
Against West ham he was guilty of poor decision making that lead to that weak shot, but you have to remember he's several games behind the others for game sharpness. You can only imagine that will improve.
He likes to cut inside which suits a right back to overlap, which neither young nor coleman are likely to manage, and Patterson is in that awkward stage of trying to prove he can defend instead of his natural game of bombing forwards.