I've let my players down by not strengthening the squad, admits Everton boss Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
good thing moyes cleared it up, it really isn't his fault that so many clubs have blue-balled us with these almost signings

hopefully other clubs will take notice atleast, and will no better than to do business with these cheats in the future.

TBH, that artical doen't really tell us anything we didn't know. We know theirs been big problams. Lets just wait till the window is shut, then evaluate were we are. A day is a long time in football never mind a week. Things will start to happen.

‘I still hope to resolve everything with the club and sign a new contract,’ he added.

The most disturbing bit of news all summer that bit:oops:

moyes isnt the most important signing? We need players!!!!.
He can only pick a team and formation from what he has and to be honest his team selection and tactics baffle me at times when he has a fit squad.
This is typical everton mentallity, We have to look for posatives because where so used to being embarrest and let down.

We finised 5th last season, we very nearly lost 5th in the second half of the season.We needed to strengthen our team, but no what do we do!! Sell players and chase targets we know we cant get cos we wont pay the [Poor language removed] money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know who is to blame but what i do know is they should hang their heads in shame for letting down some of the best but [Poor language removed] on fans in the world AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!.

David Moyes

"Nothing has changed with the contract situation. I'm a little bit closer than I was at the end of last season, I'm just waiting to see how things go. We have one or two things to sort out, then I'll have a look at it.

"I wouldn't say my contract hinges on new players coming in. Obviously I want to see what happens in the next few weeks, but I wouldn't go as black and white as that."

Two very worrying statements right there. Is anyone else reading if we have a bad season im off? To be honest i think the only possible way for us to have a future with DM at the helm is to get behind him and the boys, get some good results up until january and hopefully add numbers then that will see us off to a good finish. A crucial player before August wouldnt help too mind.

I think he might just be a bit down at the moment, obviously he has had big plans for this summer and been told financially we can afford it, then when its come down to it everyone is throwing huge price tags in. Cant help but feel sorry for the guy, everything has gone so well to date and now its time to make that last bridge from us to 4th and he must feel we have taken a step back.

Oh well mon the rovers, 2-1 our way arteta free kick then baxter last 10 minutes, Santa cruz within the first 10 to lull them into a false sense of security ;)

The full interview is on the OS now. It's probably as complete a statement as we're going to get from Moyes about the goings on this summer, and his frustrations. It's good to hear him stand up and say these things and reaffirm his commitment to taking the club forward, and I think it was important that he gave the interview before today's kickoff.

Obviously though words and good intentions are not enough. Moyes is far from upbeat on the question of whether there will be any new signings in the next two weeks - "Bringing in new players may happen in the next few weeks, and we'll know more in the weeks to come where we are as a football club and a group." No easy promises are on offer any more. Moyes is preparing us for the worst. He mentions that he's still trying to bring in quality, but that he may have to drop his standards a little. And the new contract ? It's not dependent on bringing in new players, but that will be a factor. Because at the end of the day coaches stand or fall on results on the field, and you can't win trophies without the squad to do it.

The full interview is on the OS now. It's probably as complete a statement as we're going to get from Moyes about the goings on this summer, and his frustrations. It's good to hear him stand up and say these things and reaffirm his commitment to taking the club forward, and I think it was important that he gave the interview before today's kickoff.

Obviously though words and good intentions are not enough. Moyes is far from upbeat on the question of whether there will be any new signings in the next two weeks - "Bringing in new players may happen in the next few weeks, and we'll know more in the weeks to come where we are as a football club and a group." No easy promises are on offer any more. Moyes is preparing us for the worst. He mentions that he's still trying to bring in quality, but that he may have to drop his standards a little. And the new contract ? It's not dependent on bringing in new players, but that will be a factor. Because at the end of the day coaches stand or fall on results on the field, and you can't win trophies without the squad to do it.

Im starting to think that the lack of signings isnt whats getting at him, sure he wants to win and sure you cant do that without a decent squad but like he says 6 years is nothing and i think hes the type of person who would happily take a disappointing season if he thought he'd been unlucky and that we could build on it the season after.

He's obviously not happy and if he genuinely believed that we've just been unlucky i'm sure he would have the "lets get on with it" attitude and be committing to the club straight away. It's looking more and more like there are other issues affecting his commitment to the club and im guessing the way transfers has been conducted will be at the root. He basically says in the interview that we have money but not enough.

I kinda agree with what your saying but, given the progress the team has made under DM, you would have thought we be now seeing the fruits of that progress.....

That's exactly the point. The board are missing a huge opportunity to push Everton into the top 4 which would in turn bring about a massive financial windfall with Champions League football.

Very interesting choice of words up there, 'I've let the players down'. How long are players like Arteta expected to stay at a club that seem happy to remain in the chasing pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.