It's a grand old team before kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony of choosing to create this thread on this forum - of all forums - is wonderful.
I really didn't even notice. I just think that couple verses of that song doesn't sound completely respectful to club's integrity and dignity. Besides that, excellent song. Did anyone try to change "we don't care what the red side said/ what the heck do we care" part?

used to be before z-cars & the team came out, I stood on the pitch chanting it at the latest yanks to own the r/s.

At least we dont whack it on when they are waiting to do the kick off, was bizarre when I went to a sheff utd game and they did it with that greasy chip butty song, and Saints versions better anyway.

It is a bit naff when the atmospheres rubbish, like. And Saturday was as rubbish as it's been in a while.

I miss the roar when we used to actually run out to Z-Cars. Instead of the polite clapping as the players trudge out, and then line up for the "fair play handshake" with the fair play handshake music. (n)

But maybe that's one for a "Minor Everton things that make you fume" thread.

Yip.....of all the worthless gimmicks dreamed up by the EPL, having the teams stroll out together and then line up to shake hands is pretty much one of the worst.

And it has most definitely contributed to the less than raucous atmosphere at most games these days......the team coming out and galloping toward the Gwladys with Z Cars booming out always made the hairs on the back of my neck bristle.

Do away with the handshake already FCOL :mad:

Yip.....of all the worthless gimmicks dreamed up by the EPL, having the teams stroll out together and then line up to shake hands is pretty much one of the worst.

And it has most definitely contributed to the less than raucous atmosphere at most games these days......the team coming out and galloping toward the Gwladys with Z Cars booming out always made the hairs on the back of my neck bristle.

Yup, cringy handshakes instigated to further sanitise the working mans game.

Agreed.

Used to love seeing them sprint towards us at the Gwladys St when I was a kid, and boot a few balls into the crowd (they were probably aiming for the goal, this was the 90's).

I actually felt awkward sat there on Saturday. By the time they'd shuck hands and zipped those jackets off and everything, the announcer is reading the names out in near silence. Then yet another slow start to the game and the place is like a morgue for 45 minutes. Painful.

Agreed.

Used to love seeing them sprint towards us at the Gwladys St when I was a kid, and boot a few balls into the crowd (they were probably aiming for the goal, this was the 90's).

I actually felt awkward sat there on Saturday. By the time they'd shuck hands and zipped those jackets off and everything, the announcer is reading the names out in near silence. Then yet another slow start to the game and the place is like a morgue for 45 minutes. Painful.

That was extremely quiet, barely a murmur for our starting eleven at the weekend. I've been there and we've shouted the rafters off for Tony Hibbert.

I really didn't even notice. I just think that couple verses of that song doesn't sound completely respectful to club's integrity and dignity. Besides that, excellent song. Did anyone try to change "we don't care what the red side said/ what the heck do we care" part?

I don't know if anyone has already pointed this out, but actual lyric is " we don't care what the rest might say" which we have converted into " what the red s***e say".

Status
Not open for further replies.