It's a grand old team before kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit naff when the atmospheres rubbish, like. And Saturday was as rubbish as it's been in a while.

I miss the roar when we used to actually run out to Z-Cars. Instead of the polite clapping as the players trudge out, and then line up for the "fair play handshake" with the fair play handshake music. (n)

But maybe that's one for a "Minor Everton things that make you fume" thread.

I was thinking this on Saturday. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but it seems to me that our years of being absolute dog dirt, particularly in the 90s, Goodison was still loud. I used to leave games barely being able to speak sometimes from singing and shouting so much, and now we can barely muster a song or two. :(

I was thinking this on Saturday. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but it seems to me that our years of being absolute dog dirt, particularly in the 90s, Goodison was still loud. I used to leave games barely being able to speak sometimes from singing and shouting so much, and now we can barely muster a song or two. :(

The first half was painful mate. I could hear Fabianski shouting at his full back, and I'm sat in the Gwladys Street!

We have the very worst atmosphere in the league; you can hear a pin drop for 90% of the game. God only knows how bad we will be if we end up getting a soulless bowl new stadium design. It would make us even quieter, if that's actually possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.