Istanbul the venue for this years UEFA cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil Fawlty

Player Valuation: £35m
Just read about this & i thought it was a Bit ironic, our european glory is to be held at the scene of the RS last penalty "triumph"

Fenerbahçe Saracoğlu Stadium (pronounced as /ʃycɾy saɾat͡ʃoɣɫu/ in Turkish) is a football stadium in the Kadıköy district of İstanbul, Turkey, and is the home venue of Fenerbahçe S.K.. It was inaugurated in 1908, renovated between 1999 and 2006 and currently increased in capacity. On October 4, 2006, after numerous inspections by the UEFA, Fenerbahçe Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium was selected to host the 2009 UEFA Cup Final.[2]

not the same stadium/club that rs won at though.
incidently the cl final is in rome, and we know what always happens when its there.(n)
although its at lazios ground this time as opposed to as roma's

I know m8, not the same stadium but just thought it was ironic that it was the same city the gobshites always go on about

RS played at Atatürk Olympic Stadium. And this final be in Fenerbahce Sükrü Saracoglu Stadium. 1st stadium is in tip of the Europe Corps and our stadium is in Asia Corps. So this is not an ironic i think. Not like Guiseppe Meazza and San Siro or Lazio and Roma's Stadium.
Dont worry. We will support you if you will be here.
;)

Dont think i'll go, not even with free flight and ticket. i like going on holiday to turkey, but when football is involved, they become animals (i reserve the right to change this view as we progress further in the competition!)

roma's stadium is stadio olimpico whereas lazio's stadium is stadio il duce, they put the cameras on the opposite side of the ground when lazio play and also make the pitch irregular (within the fifa tolerances) the pitch is wider on one side of the goal than the other and at the other end the tolerance is reversed as lazio are known to like playing down the right wings.....this is in fact where the term "far right " originated from.

RS played at Atatürk Olympic Stadium. And this final be in Fenerbahce Sükrü Saracoglu Stadium. 1st stadium is in tip of the Europe Corps and our stadium is in Asia Corps. So this is not an ironic i think. Not like Guiseppe Meazza and San Siro or Lazio and Roma's Stadium.
Dont worry. We will support you if you will be here.
;)

The ironic part i was referring to is the fact that it will be blue shirts celebrating on the streets of Istanbul after a european final, i never even mentioned the fact that it was to be played in the same stadium

The ironic part i was referring to is the fact that it will be blue shirts celebrating on the streets of Istanbul after a european final, i never even mentioned the fact that it was to be played in the same stadium

yea i understood your first post completely, and i'm not sure why people are jumping on your backs over nitpicking details, when people site their triumph, they usually refer to it as simply "istanbul", so i think your point is completely valid.

hopefully you're right that we'll be celebrating, i wish i shared your confidence.

Ok. ;)
I understood right now. Hope to see blue shirts on the Istanbul streets on May.

Status
Not open for further replies.