Is there a level of corruption in the league right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always has been, no industry in the world allows this sort of amount of money to be left to a game of random chance. You either get rich enough that you force your way into the elite and start to benefit from the corruption or you’ll now forever be looking in. Leicester were shocking at the back end of last season but the refereeing decisions to get United into the top 4 were an absolute disgrace.
I said this time last year that the referees and var wouid get Utd top 4. And it stated with Mguire should have been sent off v Chelsea he scores the winner. He also wouid have missed 3 games, one v us. Which was obviously the disallowed goal right at the end. I think there was another game in between, maybe v wolves. Where another scandalous decision went in their favour.

And then you see the shocking amount of penalties they got. It’s like how did Fernandes stay on the pitch v us this season. On a booking amd
Does 3 or 4 bad challenges. It’s like scholes from the 90’s who used to get away with murder.

Scudamore kicked off when city walked the league and said he wants every season to go down to the wire with multiple trophies around the country to cover any outcome. He also said they are putting plans in place for "a new name in the trophy every 6 years". If that isn't manipulation, I don't know what is.
So by my logic we haven’t won a cup for 25 years so we should be guided by the FA to winning the cup! lol

Very good point, get it as competitive as possible and not have the same runaway winner for a few years , for example city won it for a couple years and the decisions then ruined them, Liverpool had all the decisions in their favour when they won the league, 1 year later and Liverpool’s controversial pens and VAR decisions are gone and now the controversial decisions are with Man Utd. There’s a pattern.
Spot on, its a members club too

Sure you even get retired refs in interviews saying going to old Trafford and how intimidating it is etc. That's disgusting in itself. But when you bring a ref in watching it on a video ten times over and still give a completely obvious wrong decision. Then that's a whole other level.

I said this time last year that the referees and var wouid get Utd top 4. And it stated with Mguire should have been sent off v Chelsea he scores the winner. He also wouid have missed 3 games, one v us. Which was obviously the disallowed goal right at the end. I think there was another game in between, maybe v wolves. Where another scandalous decision went in their favour.

And then you see the shocking amount of penalties they got. It’s like how did Fernandes stay on the pitch v us this season. On a booking amd
Does 3 or 4 bad challenges. It’s like scholes from the 90’s who used to get away with murder.
I hate that rat Fernandes

Scudamore kicked off when city walked the league and said he wants every season to go down to the wire with multiple trophies around the country to cover any outcome. He also said they are putting plans in place for "a new name in the trophy every 6 years". If that isn't manipulation, I don't know what is.

Happens everywhere though, how have City or PSG not won the CL yet? They have one final between them despite being two of Europe’s top sides for about ten years now. They just get managed out of the competition most years if they look threatening. UEFA just want one of their cash cows like Madrid Barcelona Liverpool Bayern or Juve to win it. In the early days of the CL you saw some shock teams in the finals and even winning it, Marseille, Valencia, Porto, Monaco, Ajax, Dortmund, Leverkusen. In the last 15 years though Chelsea are the only team outside of Europe’s favoured cartel to win it (and even that was highly fortuitous with Chelsea surviving unbelievable refereeing in the semi final and final).

Sure you even get retired refs in interviews saying going to old Trafford and how intimidating it is etc. That's disgusting in itself. But when you bring a ref in watching it on a video ten times over and still give a completely obvious wrong decision. Then that's a whole other level.
Also there’s no fans right now, so that’s no longer an excuse.

Cant say about corruption but there is certainly undue influence being put on officials. How many times does it happen for a sky favourite "there was contact so its a pen/sending off" but when it isn't, "there's contact but not enough for me"

Look at the pen we didn't get against spuds last year, was it dele alli who punched the ball away like Anders limper in the Wimbledon game.No pen, How the F???

Happens everywhere though, how have City or PSG not won the CL yet? They have one final between them despite being two of Europe’s top sides for about ten years now. They just get managed out of the competition most years if they look threatening. UEFA just want one of their cash cows like Madrid Barcelona Liverpool Bayern or Juve to win it. In the early days of the CL you saw some shock teams in the finals and even winning it, Marseille, Valencia, Porto, Monaco, Ajax, Dortmund, Leverkusen. In the last 15 years though Chelsea are the only team outside of Europe’s favoured cartel to win it (and even that was highly fortuitous with Chelsea surviving unbelievable refereeing in the semi final and final).
On the top of my head, the amount of VAR decisions gone against city in the ucl knockouts is worrying, especially vs Spurs, ‘get the weakest team through, so they can lose to Barcelona or Liverpool’.

Cant say about corruption but there is certainly undue influence being put on officials. How many times does it happen for a sky favourite "there was contact so its a pen/sending off" but when it isn't, "there's contact but not enough for me"

Look at the pen we didn't get against spuds last year, was it dele alli who punched the ball away like Anders limper in the Wimbledon game.No pen, How the F???
Yeah they get all the bendy grey area decesion for sure. Anything that can be bent with interpretation they will bend it to the max and only one way. On the game by game you can get away with it but when it all adds up at the end of the season the data tells a horrific story.

I couldn't believe it when Burnley were awarded a pen with 5 minutes to go at the pit last week. I was certain - justified a pen as it was - that the VAR crew would find an angle to award a free out, indirect free kick, anything but a pen. In recent seasons, that would never have been given there. The absence of the best fans in the world is possibly a factor there too.

That said, I fully expect the tables to be turned on Brighton (who always gift that lot 6 points) tonight and at least one pen to be awarded. TPTB will need the loveable reds to rack up a high margin win after what their other favourites did last night.

Anyone who doesn't think the biggest league in the world, with the biggest audience and most profit, isn't interfering where they can, is deluded in my personal opinion.

Elite players take home £400k+ and yet despite that being a big draw, there hasn't been a drugs ban for any Top Euro League for nearly 10 years. Certainly no that's published anyway. FIFA fixed two world cup hosts. It's rife.

Some of the officiating is just bizarre, and i'm fully convinced VAR is there, to sway "close" decisions. Look at some of the decisions in the past two seasons. The Mané one versus us, the Adams goal last night, they're goals, but it doesn't fit the agenda to have a team run away with the league, because it impacts viewing figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.