Is there a level of corruption in the league right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkjjones

Player Valuation: £8m
This is just after the Man Utd 9-0 Southampton game and again Manchester United get away with a few decisions, one handball, another offside, that was clearly not, and a penalty, also clearly not but it’s looking so repetitive for united, every other game they get decisions against them, if feels like they are paying the officials, it feels corrupt, what are your thoughts?

This is just after the Man Utd 9-0 Southampton game and again Manchester United get away with a few decisions, one handball, another offside, that was clearly not, and a penalty, also clearly not but it’s looking so repetitive for united, every other game they get decisions against them, if feels like they are paying the officials, it feels corrupt, what are your thoughts?
didn't the decisions go against them against Sheff Utd?

I think a lot is read into game by game decisions, I don't see enough of other games (outside of Everton), anymore, to truly say yay or no on a full corruption.

It has always been swayed to benefit the more financially attractive clubs but I believe that is simply more down to referees being weak and feeble and not up to the standard they should be. Get a Nigel Owens type character (or any Rugby refereeing style) and you would see that bias dwindle.

didn't the decisions go against them against Sheff Utd?
Correctly yes, but the amount they get is on a different scale compared to other teams and loads of them are wrong aswell, it’s weird you can get decisions so consistently wrong for the same team.

Good point, but not sure about whether thryre paying officials off, however there is definate corruption. Two things stick with me. Firstly, Last season when Brighton got that terrible penalty decision against us after it being reviewed by VAR 13 times, when only one look would tell you what we needed to know, I read an article in the Independent. That weekend and up to that point there had been several blantantly incorrect VAR decisions. The article was saying that in Italy where players, coaches, Owners and officaials had been jailed for corruption for many years since the 80's we would be niave to not consider the possibility of VAR being used corruptively in the premier league. Secondly Richard Scudamure who was a high ranking official in the FA at one point said in an interview on sky sports last year that the Premier Leagues objective is to make it the most competitive competiotion in the world and as a result the powers that be would like the winners to be rotated to make it more interesting. There is also the TV money. It is obvious something is not fair.

Good point, but not sure about whether thryre paying officials off, however there is definate corruption. Two things stick with me. Firstly, Last season when Brighton got that terrible penalty decision against us after it being reviewed by VAR 13 times, when only one look would tell you what we needed to know, I read an article in the Independent. That weekend and up to that point there had been several blantantly incorrect VAR decisions. The article was saying that in Italy where players, coaches, Owners and officaials had been jailed for corruption for many years since the 80's we would be niave to not consider the possibility of VAR being used corruptively in the premier league. Secondly Richard Scudamure who was a high ranking official in the FA at one point said in an interview on sky sports last year that the Premier Leagues objective is to make it the most competitive competiotion in the world and as a result the powers that be would like the winners to be rotated to make it more interesting. There is also the TV money. It is obvious something is not fair.
Very good point, get it as competitive as possible and not have the same runaway winner for a few years , for example city won it for a couple years and the decisions then ruined them, Liverpool had all the decisions in their favour when they won the league, 1 year later and Liverpool’s controversial pens and VAR decisions are gone and now the controversial decisions are with Man Utd. There’s a pattern.

A billionaire dollar industry. Of course there will be corruption and bribery. Go back to 80’s and early 90’s pre prem years. The richest league in the world, paying the highest fees abs wages was Italy.

Abs then shock horror it all comes out in the late 90’s and noughties. About corruption and the Italian league. Richard scudamore who I think was head of the premier league, said about 5yrs ago its not good for Man Utd not being in the champions league. That tells you everything you need to know.

It’s all about the brand and the 2 biggest watches clubs around the world, which will help the brand. Get the most decisions in their favour than against them.

In the perfect world the Premmier league would have Utd & Liverpool top 2 every season if they could

Always has been, no industry in the world allows this sort of amount of money to be left to a game of random chance. You either get rich enough that you force your way into the elite and start to benefit from the corruption or you’ll now forever be looking in. Leicester were shocking at the back end of last season but the refereeing decisions to get United into the top 4 were an absolute disgrace.

7D3B6A25-23C3-4F24-9C4C-202ECC4F00D7.jpeg
Offside or not?

Scudamore kicked off when city walked the league and said he wants every season to go down to the wire with multiple trophies around the country to cover any outcome. He also said they are putting plans in place for "a new name in the trophy every 6 years". If that isn't manipulation, I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.