is moyes the only manager you have known?

is moyes all you have known?

• yes

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • no

Votes: 60 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, started supporting Everton when I was 8 (11 years ago), so I didn't have to cope with the mediocrity of Smith.

(I heard it was pretty bad.)

Gordon Lee was my first manager, and of course super Bob L was my hero..in them days I was only 9/10 yo...I grew up through the Kendall days the glorious 80s, but remember the Oxford game away when Inchy stole that equaliser from Brocks backpass...then went through the series of managers in the 90s..but big Joe Royle taking us to a FA Cup win was obviously a great moment and I guess we had some pride in being labelled the Dogs of War, although it was a long way from the School of Science days..but even in the 80s people used to say this team is not as good a footballing team as the Kendall, Harvey, Ball team..will any Blues team ever be that good?..i for one hope so and now being in my 40s still hope to see it in my lifetime.

Cliff Britton managed Everton when I first started going, but I don't think I realised it, then. I don't think managers had the same celebrity status in those days.

I remember getting excited when Johnny Carey was appointed because he was among the most famous, and I was shocked when he was sacked.

The first game I remember was in the 01/02 season a 1-0 win against derby Joe Max Moore (first goal in 18 months) scored the winner, although my overriding memory of that game was Gravesen getting stretchered off and holding up a fist as he was being carried off, I fell in love from that moment, absolutely f***ing love this club with all my heart so passionate about it, my friends think i'm really sad, but I wouldnt change it for anything, absolutely in love.

Ive only ever really known Moyes so today is a really sad day, and am looking forward to sending him off on Sunday!

kendall 85.

smith brought in gazza, ginola and graveson, it was bad in the end, i mean losing 3-nil in a cup qtr final in a pretty adject display, shocking really, no one would survive that without getting sacked...

End of the Harvey spell for me although being a supporter then as a kid never really had an opinion of whether he was good or not. Everyone following that was poor (big joe asside) infact it was quite embarrassing being a Evertonian, especially as not being from the local area...all I ever got was "why u support them, there ****" haha. Infact my bro who started life as a fellow blue quickly changed to arsenal upon realizing we were rubbish.

I think it's why I appreciate the moyes era soooo much, made my proud again to say "yeah I support Everton, there brilliant, just need a bit more cash"

Swear to god, I dread going back to pre-moyes!!

Kendall, Harvey, Kendall, Walker, Royle, Kendall, Smith & Moyes.

Special mentions to Jimmy Gabriel and Dave Watson as caretakers. F*cking hell I'm getting scared here. We'll need a caretaker manager.

Snap, the same for me.

Got my first season ticket for the last half season of Kendall MK2 and Mike Walker, happy days indeed. I remember Kendall's last game, 13000 on a sat afternoon at home to Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.