Is everyone over reacting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you're witnessing is the 'happy clapper' effect - fans who will cheer on the club no matter what they do because the club is doing it.

It's not a new phenomenon, but I must admit that although I 'get' it I'm still amazed that threads like this exist.
Your last two posts are spot on....The clap brigade have been briefed and its going to full on today...

And you trust our board to find him? The very same board who said they were happy with the players we had and wouldn't be looking at bringing in a striker until January?

I wouldn't trust the board with feeding my cat on the basis that they're hiring Sam Allardyce FFS.

They could barely manage a worse appointment. When I say any half-competent manager would keep us up this season, I mean it - it's not difficult to bring someone in who isn't an actual proven crook, corrupt as the day is long and has a track record of leaving clubs in worse states than he arrived.

On paper, I'd say our team is a lot better than the ones he's managed before. Just got to hope the players start realising that.

Doesnt matter mate... Sam does what Sam does. Our squad is not equipped to play his style of football - it wouldn't surprise me if we took longer then 10 games to start seeing any results.

As long as i have been on here and twitter , i have never seen Everton fans at eachother as much as this.

Allardyce isnt my choice but i have definitely seen worse managers at Everton and seen us in a lot more trouble. We need fixing.

People actually hate Big Sam and i bet half of them dont know why. I dont waste my energy hating anyone - its just jumping on the band wagon Gang mentality for a lot ( not all). People are quoting that he is a crook - but we have been in underwritten by Phil Green for years.

The ones saying they have finished with Everton ? Ill bet most havent got a season ticket or ever go!

Also clammering for Fonseca when many hadnt heard of him 24hours earlier is just as embarrassing.

People support this club all over the world that dont get to go the match, or have the luxury of buying a season ticket - but pump money into the club in different ways.

Because they aren't happy clappers and sit there happy with anything, that doesnt make them less of a fan then you or me.

If they are saying they are finished with Everton then they kind of are not....I mean that's the whole point of what they are saying.

They're entitled to do what feels right for them mate, and if they feel like they could no longer go the game because of Sam Allardyce, then that doesn't mean they're no longer Everton fans. They will still hurt when we get beat etc.

I couldn't keep away, but I've got total respect for those lads who decide too.

Ultimately, IMHO anyway, it’s the connotations of employing Alladyce that irk with most; it smacks of desperation which makes us a laughing stock and flies in the face of everything we thought we’d subscribed to in this new (apparent) dawn.

I appreciate that many here will be trying to look on the bright side, and so we should as with all things in life, but lets not kid ourselves that most find this possible appointment wholly unpalatable.

How each chooses to display their displeasure is entirely a matter for them. Insinuating that they are lesser Blues for failing to grasp the nettle, also tantamounts to prejudice and ‘gang’ mentality in my book, so please let’s have less of these finger pointing threads and respect the feelings of other supporters - however they choose to show their support!

Thank you.

They're entitled to their opinion mate, and if they feel like they could no longer go the game because of Sam Allardyce, then that doesn't mean they're no longer Everton fans.

Yeah agreed, I just mean the ones who are saying they are "finished with Everton". That says they are just jibbing it off completely.

They are making it more about themselves than the club.

Really don’t understand the hand in the till argument. He WASN’T sacked for taking £500k on the sly. He told them he would have to run it past the FA first. He was sacked for saying he knew how to get round third party ownership and for being an idiot.

I don’t want him but needs must and the only thing I would say is he has been saying for years that Everton is a great club. I think he gets us, he will help turn us round but in the minds of us being a progressive club he doesn’t fit the bill.

Re Shakespeare, isn’t he the only first team coach to have led a non-Sky six club to the league title? Sammy Lee can do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.