Introducing The Youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo2901

Player Valuation: £225k
It seems that a few of our youth players have been putting in some good performances in both the U21 Premier League and The FA Youth Cup, the players that have been playing particularly well have been John Stones, Matthew Kennedy, Apostolos Vellios and Ross Barkley. Do you guys perhaps think that it would be too risky to start introducing these players into the first team because currently the team is starting to become very predictable and stale week in, week out. Do you think adding in these fresh faces would improve us or would it ruin our steady season?

Introducing them into lesser games maybe one at a time could help us do really well, you never know unless you try. I would also like to see Duffy edged into the team next season as Distin i believe will have only one more season at the top.

Introducing them into lesser games maybe one at a time could help us do really well, you never know unless you try. I would also like to see Duffy edged into the team next season as Distin i believe will have only one more season at the top.

there are no lesser games, even if we played a non league side in one of the cups moyes would go full strength, if your going to introduce them give them a run of 6-8 games at least, pointless coming on for the last 10 mins of a game

Moyes will not do this. So might as well not even talk about "if".

Any person with a brain would give the youngsters a run out in pre-season, see if they do well, and if they do play them and give em opportunities to develop.

However what's happened, especially with Barkley & Vellios who have both been brilliant in a few games both build up and past games in the cup etc... Moyes hasn't bothered to play them again. If they have one off day, they're dropped. BANG.

However if Johnny has a bad game, if Neville does, if Jelly plays the full season and doesn't look like hitting the net - they don't get dropped. It's beyond a joke sometimes.

I'd like to us giving Lundstram a chance. Hes quietly becoming boss by all accounts, maybe flying under the radar due to the ridiculous hype surroundibg you know who.

They do get a fair bit of time in preseason. Honestly just sub them in for 30-15 mins every other game or so. See how they perform in a real match. If we can carry Naismith and Neville through 90 minutes then surely we can do it with a young player.

Any person with a brain would give the youngsters a run out in pre-season, see if they do well, and if they do play them and give em opportunities to develop.

However what's happened, especially with Barkley & Vellios who have both been brilliant in a few games both build up and past games in the cup etc... Moyes hasn't bothered to play them again. If they have one off day, they're dropped. BANG.

However if Johnny has a bad game, if Neville does, if Jelly plays the full season and doesn't look like hitting the net - they don't get dropped. It's beyond a joke sometimes.

Its all about experience with Moyes. Nothing else matters

I'd like to us giving Lundstram a chance. Hes quietly becoming boss by all accounts, maybe flying under the radar due to the ridiculous hype surroundibg you know who.

Would love to see this, doubt it's going to happen. Not like Moyes can even rotate the youth when there's such little time collectively given. Can just about see Stones getting a game if Jelavic's dad's aunt isn't fit to slip into whichever position Neville's been taken out of once Jags is switched to RB, like.

We seem to think we have a bunch of kids who are PL top 4 performers in the waiting. They have showed some promise in the youth/u21 games that's all !!

Clearly none have showed enough to suggest there ready/good enough to come into the first team or they would be there as Rooney and rodwell were from early ages.

You won't win anything with kids....
Especially if there all currently average...

I remember Vellios having a great run of games last season and he still was dropped even though he didn't have a bad game...FFS Moyes....really weird that because he was our biggest striking threat at the time....wonder if something happened behind the scenes as he never featured again...

I would deffo have Barkley and Stones in the first team mix as most of us would. Phil Neville's performance at Oldham should make people sit up and take notice just how awful he is. We need to move on from a teacher's pets who walks into the team every week just becuase he played for Man Utd and the media like him. I don't know what it is about Barkley but loaning him out for a month here and there only for him to return to sit on the bench every week isn't doing anyone any good. Put him in the team and let him mature, with young players you have to accept they're going to make mistakes and hope the good things they do make up for it, from what we know of Ross he's a massive talent who would surely give us a different dimension even from the wings where he's not at his best. These are things Moyes should be doing becuase we are stale as **** at the minute, clearly

Last edited:
I would deffo have Barkley and Stones in the first team mix as most of us would, Phil Neville's performance at Oldham should make people sit up and take notice just how awful he is. We need to move on from a teacher's pets who walks into the team every week just becuase he played for Man Utd and the media like him. I don't know what it is about Barkley but loaning him out for a month here and there only for him to return to sit on the bench every week isn't doing anyone any good. Put him in the team and let him mature, with young players you have to accept they're going to make mistakes and hope the good things they do make up for it, from what we know of Ross he's a massive talent who would surely give us a different dimension even from the wings where he's not at his best. These are things Moyes should be doing becuase we are stale as ****, clearly

Have you watched Ross play a full game at all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.