Interesting Pin Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo1878

Player Valuation: £5m
A friend in the USA has just messaged me to say he was recently given this pin badge by a Hearts fan. The inscription reads - 'they gave their today for our tomorrow 1914-1918'. So i could tell him it's something to do with the 100 year anniversary of WWI

He pointed out that Everton FC is one of 6 clubs on the pin badge and asked me do i know what the pin badge signifies or why it was produced? The six clubs are Hearts, Chelsea, Portsmouth, ourselves, Brechin and Raith Rovers. Judging by the anniversary and our crest, this must have been made in the last 12-18 months. I can't think of any obvious connection between the 6 clubs represented. Does anyone know anything more about it?

If anyone can tell me how to upload the image on here i will upload an image of the badge.

Last edited:

crests.jpg

Couldn't find anything about this, but found this set commemorating the Empire Exhibition Tropy, played at Ibrox in 1938 :

$_57.JPG

I found the exact same image of the badge on Google images. It's a link to ebay but it looks like it's already been sold. I'll keep digging.

Maybe a badge regarding an old pre season tournament, i have seen a few others like it before but not with Everton on them. Then again i may be totally utterly barking up the wrong tree

A friend in the USA has just messaged me to say he was recently given this pin badge by a Hearts fan. The inscription reads - 'they gave their today for our tomorrow 1914-1918'. So i could tell him it's something to do with the 100 year anniversary of WWI

He pointed out that Everton FC is one of 6 clubs on the pin badge and asked me do i know what the pin badge signifies or why it was produced? The six clubs are Hearts, Chelsea, Portsmouth, ourselves, Brechin and Raith Rovers. Judging by the anniversary and our crest, this must have been made in the last 12-18 months. I can't think of any obvious connection between the 6 clubs represented. Does anyone know anything more about it?

If anyone can tell me how to upload the image on here i will upload an image of the badge.

Very interesting mate, nothing obvious springs to mind - contact these guys: http://www.footballandthefirstworldwar.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.