Interesting Baines article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevertheless, the drive of the article is silly. Can Baines be England's secret weapon at the World Cup because fans and journalists don't know his name? If coaches don't know him, maybe, but if coaches don't know how to scout the opponent's best players, they're weapons.

Initially I thought it was a bit of a piss take article, you know hinting he had to be in the CL to be known. I'm sure any of Englands opponents would of done their homework

Initially I thought it was a bit of a piss take article, you know hinting he had to be in the CL to be known. I'm sure any of Englands opponents would of done their homework

They sort of do though, how many Atalanta or Wolfsburg players do we know? It's the same thing.

Let's face it, a fair number of people abroad haven't heard of the club he plays for and are shocked the city of Liverpool has two teams...what chance does he have of being well known?

Like he said, most of us couldn't name full backs in the French / Brazilian / Italian leagues so it's no big deal.

Isn't the premier league the most watched in the world or why they getting billions.

'Little old Everton' obv.

Status
Not open for further replies.