Intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerdestroyer

Player Valuation: £40m
Looking over the wall at our neighbours one has to admit the intensity of their play is another level. Fitness wise they are streets ahead. They brought some excellent dietians in and that has made a difference. We need to match that to have a go at top 6, not to mind top 4. Our play at times is too slow. It has improved but is still away off what it would need to be. An intense playing style esp at home is needed. Credit due to that section of support in the gwladys street to helping that recently. I just dont get this "we are reaction support". It makes a big difference and will help get points on the table next season. Goodison when we still have it should be a big advantage. Use it.

Looking over the wall at our neighbours one has to admit the intensity of their play is another level. Fitness wise they are streets ahead. They brought some excellent dietians in and that has made a difference. We need to match that to have a go at top 6, not to mind top 4. Our play at times is too slow. It has improved but is still away off what it would need to be. An intense playing style esp at home is needed. Credit due to that section of support in the gwladys street to helping that recently. I just dont get this "we are reaction support". It makes a big difference and will help get points on the table next season. Goodison when we still have it should be a big advantage. Use it.
This waz supposed to be a reply to a post not a new topic!

We’ve had this before. On average we cover more ground per game than they do, although yes, they carry out more sprints. Saying their fitness is streets ahead isn’t correct. The fact they spent so much on a world class keeper, world class centre back and have world class forwards is the difference.

We just need to employ the same chemist as Leicester and 'that lot'.:coffee:

Yep. The verve were wrong, they do work.

....they haven’t even been Champions of England for 30 years and beat a team who haven’t been Champions of England for 58 years in the final.

Don’t believe everything the analysts say on Sky and BT, it’s propaganda.

You’ve had a bit of a mare if you’ve managed to click on the new thread button and put a topic heading in instead of simply pressing ‘reply’ to the post you wanted to reply to

Spot on.i actually was trying to reply to an earlier post. But in my defense its a bank holiday here in ireland and im after a couple of early ones.

Wouldn't really be proud if we went the Lance Armstrong route. No doubt the rs would have no qualms about it, just like they have no sense of class.

We’ve had this before. On average we cover more ground per game than they do, although yes, they carry out more sprints. Saying their fitness is streets ahead isn’t correct. The fact they spent so much on a world class keeper, world class centre back and have world class forwards is the difference.
I agree.

The point about the high tempo game getting the crowd behind the team is valid though.

If you want to see real intensity in a football performance then get yourself a copy of the Everton-Bayern game. Unbelievable. Every bit a high press as the RS and City today. Leg breaking challenges coming in from both sides every 5 minutes -- and the players just got up and played on. And at the final whistle the team looked like they could keep going and play another 90. I'd love to see the modern day technology applied to that game to give us the statistical stuff. I'd be very surprised if the total running distance put in by the Blues that night was not more than we see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.