In the remaining three games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would to see some risks being taken. As you said- Ledson and Kenny should play. Ledson could end up being that creative midfielder we've been wanting to get- and Kenny a backup to Coleman. That saves us money.

I would love to see Ledson and Kenny get a few minutes in the first team.
Ledson almost made it twelve months ago, it would be nice if it happened now.
I think Robles has also earned some playing time.
Although agree in principle, the U21s are battling against relegation - they need results in the next 3 games and taking Ledson/Kenny (especially Kenny as he is captain this season) out would make that much harder. If they have spare energy after the u21 games they should probably play for the u18s to try to win that league for the second year running and to fill in for the Yates/Davies/Holland who are away with England.

I had hoped that Robles would come in for Villa given Howard looked injured against United.

I would to see some risks being taken. As you said- Ledson and Kenny should play. Ledson could end up being that creative midfielder we've been wanting to get- and Kenny a backup to Coleman. That saves us money.

....not sure about Ledson being the creative midfielder. From what I have seen he's more in the MCCarthy/Gibson mould, good energy, competitive with a very decent range of passing.

Generally, though, it is important that these lads are given the opportunity when they are ready. I understand the clamour and I am particularly impressed by Ledson but the time has to be right. I'd also throw Galloway into the mix but managing expectations if one out of the total current crop comes through it will be an achievement.

Last three games? It would be really pleasing if they manage to pass it five yards to someone else in the Everton team. Not expecting Bayern / Madrid / Barcelona levels of skill but basic competence would be terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.